any1 know wat sup with the sound coming out of tweater when engine turn on

are your power cables ran with your rca's? that is the most common cause of engine noise. if not, i know that some of the newer amps, such as xtant have a switch on them that is designed to be used with newer engines. all i had to do with my boat to get rid of the engine noise was flip a switch on the amp.

Check to make sure none of your speaker wires are touching any metal part of your car, check to make sure all your grounds are solid, and like bri said, run your rcas on the other side of the car from your power wires if possible.

The term for this kinda noise is "ground loop", if you want to do a search on it.

Hey this same thing happens to be, it started when i put a blass blocker down by the kick panels, it now occured to me that it could be touching the car body. All the other connections are good. Power and RCA's are seperate. I'll tell you guys how it works out by tomorrow

Two most common causes of engine whine..

1. Run power and RCA separate.

2. Check all your grounds. Put sub amp and high amp ground as close together as possible, if not together.. cuts down on ground loop.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.