Any pro's in Houston? I need my amps dialed in right.

Participant count
  • Participant list

QSGTO
10+ year member

I have 2 MA Audio Hard Kore 12" subs running 1500 RMS each. They are powered by 2 AudioPipe AP15001D, 1500 RMS running at 1 ohm. They are putting my amps in safe mode periodically because they are not dialed in. I need someone who knows what they are doing to dial them in. The controls are easy to access because they are facing out. If anyone cares to help me out, please let me know. I have had my system down since May to warranty out my blown subs and amps. Email me at JackedUpTrucks@aol.com.

You need someone to set your gains properly. This can be done by you, if you use the //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/search.gif.e79a63b2b580b39b282dff402646b704.gif feature on this forum. It isn't difficult at all, and you would gain from the knowledge of doing it yourself.

On the AP1500, I have my gain at 40%. This amp is rather finicky around the 40-60% range of gain.

Note: My headunit has the Pioneer Premier high-volt pre-outs. I wouldn't expect you to be more than 60% on a stock head unit, and 70% if you are on stock side speakers (low power handling).

Use a digital multimeter, 60 Hz tone, and 3/4 HU volume. My AC volts are around 45 across the speaker terminals. Wouldn't go much higher...

If you still can't get it, PM me. I'm in the mid-town, med center area.

I have a red top up front with 0 ga. + & - cables to Xstatic 100 farad bat cap in trunk to splitter to amps. Input is from Factory Blaupunkt HU to RR Factory Blaupunkt 6x9 to Pyramid line converter to a/v cables to line in on amps. Bass Boost not connected.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif you have electrical //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif

But sadly, not enough for 3kw. A RedTop + batcap isn't going to have enough capacitance for that much power. It is enough for 1 of your two amps, though.

On the up side, your 1/0 awg is enough to support 3kw. Unless you are a Corvette (plastic car), then you could use both runs of wire for +, and let your frame be the ground. This would give you almost no voltage drop, even at full tilt.

I'd go HO alt, Big 3, and a nice AGM group-31 battery or two, in the rear.

Your amps were probably turning off due to low volts. It's expensive, but worth it, to upgrade the electrical. Consider the cost of replacing your batteries twice as often, wearing your alt more heavily, and killing your amps... it's spending money to save you money.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.