Any experience with Kicker 700.5

937DYTBOI
5,000+ posts

TL>you
Dayton,Ohio
Im considering the Kicker 700.5 for my cousins setup he will probably be running the Image Dynamics CTX65CS componenets which the rms is 100 watts for the fronts. For the rear he will be running the Image Dynamics CTX65CS coaxials with an rms of 75.

The sub he's thinking about running is not yet released but he wants to run the Stereo Integrity BM V2 with i believe an rms of 500 watts

I know the Kicker amps are usually underated just not sure if it will be a good match. I can wire the fronts and rear for either 4 or 2 ohm, but i definately want to run the sub at 2 ohm. My next question is, can i run the mids at 4 ohm and run the sub at 2 ohm on this amp? Im not sure if it will cause a problem or not im not to familiar with 5 channels and how they work.

My other option was to run 2 seperate amps for the setup but my cousin is real limited on space so im trying to conserve space

No problem running different loads on different channels. Kicker puts out some nice amps. I have been looking at multichannel amps for my girls car. Dollar for dollar the kicker refurbs on ebay are one of the best buys out there.

Coo im just making sure before i recommend this amp for my cousin, i see most power sheets showing the amps being tested over 900 watts for this amp

thanks I think it will help running the single amp to conserve space. going this way will be a bit cheaper than running the two amps so this works out well

It's a good amp, I'm running one had no problems. I got mine in one tight ass space with little air space around the amp and runs fine. You need to run the sub channel at 2 ohms to get any real power on your sub. Mine was rated at 975 watts on birth sheet.

Great choice.
Installed a few when I worked at CC...

It's a 4channel and a Monoblock in one chassis AFIK...

nG

Sweet just got to wait till this Stereo Integrity BM V2 comes out

It's a good amp, I'm running one had no problems. I got mine in one tight ass space with little air space around the amp and runs fine. You need to run the sub channel at 2 ohms to get any real power on your sub. Mine was rated at 975 watts on birth sheet.
I love how they are so underated

I was very close to runnign one of these on a mag in my fit, but I think I have decided on a alpine pdx 5

Instead of waiting on the bm why not buy a v4 mag? the only real issue woudl be mounting depth because the mag will do fine on 500 watts

I was very close to runnign one of these on a mag in my fit, but I think I have decided on a alpine pdx 5
Instead of waiting on the bm why not buy a v4 mag? the only real issue woudl be mounting depth because the mag will do fine on 500 watts

Well he really needs a real shallow mount sub because its going in a 2005 Nissan Frontier extended cad, so the sub will be going either under the seat or try to fit it behind the back seats, tough decision, the new mag looks great though i remember hearing UCP's Mags that he had and i loved them

Well he really needs a real shallow mount sub because its going in a 2005 Nissan Frontier extended cad, so the sub will be going either under the seat or try to fit it behind the back seats, tough decision, the new mag looks great though i remember hearing UCP's Mags that he had and i loved them

ah, got ya.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.