Any current eD eDEAD discounts?

Go with Secondskin Damplifier or Raamat BTX instead
both would end up around 60sqft for 140 shipped

http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/

much to learn
I read that already. I want the eD I think though, I want the liquid for my roof and floor, and the mat for everything else. With the discount it would be around the 140$ for 80 sq ft of the mat and 1 gallon of the liquid. It seems like a decent deal to me, i'll check out the others.

I believe eDEAD is still offering there older version of there basic material at a big discount but it is not butyl based. Call them and ask.

I like the Secondskin stuff now that I looked at it.

Are there any current discounts for Secondskin? I saw someone mention it in some old post.

I like the Secondskin stuff now that I looked at it.Are there any current discounts for Secondskin? I saw someone mention it in some old post.
Yeah, I saw that too... oh wait... hold on a second...

Oh that was you asking the same question twice with a different name, sorry, I was confused...

- T

I just ordered me and my friend some dDEAD v2 mat and dDEAD liquid deadener from eD. I used the discount code (eDeadBA) for the 20% off. I just got 140$ worth of items to see how well it works, and possible get more in the future it works well.

yeah coulduve just gone with Peel N Seal for cheaper

Second Skin liquid + mat is the real deal. cost more. But its good stuff.

Second Skin discount code is "Charter Member"

Gets you 20% off

If you're going for the cheap end just goto lowes and buy a roll of Peel n Seal for 12 dollars. Forgot how much it nets you(34 sqft?) Same stuff

ooookay...
For those who know how to apply and use deadener, they are very useful, perhaps to a noob like you they arent?
Actually, for what you get it is a sucky deal!! Gutter repair tape is $.65 per square foot and it actually works BETTER IME!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Best Value

RAAMaudio's RAAMmat BXT is a high quality product priced to compete with asphalt mats. If you are considering an asphalt sound deadener based on price, please reconsider.

Remember, you are not just buying square feet, you are buying mass. Most of the asphalt mats are thinner and the lighter than the butyl products. This means you will need more layers to accomplish the same result. The only close comparison is eDead v1SE vs. RAAMmat. They are close in weight and thickness, despite the fact that Elemental Designs significantly overstates the density of their products.

If I were to repeat my own installation - 300 square feet of damping mat - here's how it would price out for RAAMmat BXT and eDead v1SE, shipped:

RAAMmat BXT$594.00eDead v1SE$513.00

There is only $81.00 between the two. If you use less, the difference will be smaller. This is not even close. Buy the RAAMmat BXT.

If you only needed 100 square feet:

RAAMmat BXT$198.00eDead v1SE$171.00

That's just $27 dollars.

If you really need to do this in the absolutely least expensive way and are not convinced or concerned by the demonstrated inferiority of asphalt based sound deadeners, go to Home Depot or Lowes and get a roll or two of Peel & Seal. This is the least expensive option and you won't have to worry about shipping costs. I can see no difference in Peel & Seal and the asphalt based aluminum skinned products in this review. If you are going to live dangerously, do it right.

I hope this helps.

www.sounddeadenershowdown.com

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.