any bodywork people here?

02parkave
5,000+ posts

Banned
any idea as to an ESTIMATE to fix this-

grandprix004.jpg

it is rusted there, and dented (over the wheel) i am guessing that a new rear quarter is in order.. any ideas on cost?

also- where is the best place to buy FACTORY ground efects from?

go to a local shop and they will most likley just pull the dent, repair the contaminated metal and just reshoot the quater, They will probably just fade it in to the doors and trunk and good as new

yeah, yours isnt as bad as mine. you could probably pull the dent and fill the rest. i mean it is a ricer... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

grand prix.........ricer?? does not compute:confused: lol
oops, looked like an eclipse when i looked at it the first time...

but in your case it should be a pull/bondo job i think. depends on the shop, and the outcome you want

go to a local shop and they will most likley just pull the dent, repair the contaminated metal and just reshoot the quater, They will probably just fade it in to the doors and trunk and good as new
my thoughts were $500 for that...

dude the best advice you will get is to shop around and ask around....... I've had body/paint work done that was complete garbage from so called rebuttable shops and dealerships......

add to that the fact that I'm not so hot about some of the work my local paint shop does on the Mercedes Benz cars I work on.....

The level of skill required to match and fade an MB is far beyond that of a Pontiac. Paint qualities and chemical mixtures are way different. Pontiac is probably a flake-less, candy-less 2-stage paint. I doubt it's anywhere near that simple with an MB. A dent popper and some PDR work should take care of the damage, and the paint work itself shouldn't be too much.

Ricer is an attitude that has nothing to do with the make/model of a car. And why waste the cash on a GP? You can pick those up, all day long, for next to nothing.
because i am bored, and i have the cash to waste? the lincoln is done, and im happy with it. the wife wont let me touch the 600, and basically, i can;) why would you attempt to hate? sad life i take it?

The level of skill required to match and fade an MB is far beyond that of a Pontiac. Paint qualities and chemical mixtures are way different. Pontiac is probably a flake-less, candy-less 2-stage paint. I doubt it's anywhere near that simple with an MB. A dent popper and some PDR work should take care of the damage, and the paint work itself shouldn't be too much.
gee.. thats funny.. my wifes mb paint isnt nothing special. but i forget.. you "work with car dealers every day" so you must know it:laugh:

The dent from the pic. Sometime's you can actually go inside your trunk and pop out the dent by hand actually i did that with my last ride and it worked:). just a suggestion.

Blah, blah, blah..... These are key words that equal "I don't know what the **** I'm talking about"... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.