Any Alpine Guru's Out There

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jandrsn36
10+ year member

Ok, I know Im a noob on this site but here is my problem. First off my system consist of:

Alpine Iva-D310 headunit

Alpine 6.5 components

Alpine 6x9"s

Alpine MRA-F350 theater amp

Tsunami 1.5 capacitor

Ok, my F350 is currently installed and it sounds great with the headunit. My problem is I upgraded to the MRA-D550 Digital Theater Amp and I get sounds like engine noise but its there when the engine is off also. I sent it back to Apline and they replaced it under warranty. I get the D550 back (brand new) and the noise is still there. I checked my grounds and they are all fine.

My question is, is there a particular way the D550 needs to be installed? Like I Said, if I put the F350 back in it plays fine. I cant seem to figure out where the noise is coming from I also tried changing out the Ai-Net cable with a brand new one and still the noise is there.

Can anyone here help me out before I put a brand new amp on ebay, I am tired of messing with it.

you have to use the optical connection.

As far as the noise, what connections are you putting into the amp and what else do you have hooked up on AINET? Are you using the KCE-510M? Did you flip the norm/EQ switch on your HU?

Personally I would have stuck with the F350, I got rid of the D550 for it.

you have to use the optical connection.
As far as the noise, what connections are you putting into the amp and what else do you have hooked up on AINET? Are you using the KCE-510M? Did you flip the norm/EQ switch on your HU?

Personally I would have stuck with the F350, I got rid of the D550 for it.
The only thing connected via AINET is the amp and the switch is set to EQ. I am not familiar with the KCE-510M. What is it?

I just read up on the KCE-510M and I dont need that for the sub. Also, its like the noise only comes through a couple of the channels (RR, RF, LF). Is it speaker grounds that can be bad?

Why?

I have both running to my processor but am also using the ipod adapter so I have to have ai-net. Just trying to think of what your case needs the direct connection for both? Does ai-net carry radio?

the theater amps require digital connection and AINET, or they don't work.
That is correct, you have to have both. AINET runs from the brain to the amp. Optical runs from the HU to the amp. Guess I will just stick with the 350 and put the 550 on ebay.

That is correct, you have to have both. AINET runs from the brain to the amp. Optical runs from the HU to the amp. Guess I will just stick with the 350 and put the 550 on ebay.
I know where they run. I have the same h/u. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.