antennna on my maxima...

Participant count
  • Participant list

adio
5,000+ posts

THE STEREOTYPE FIGHTER!!!
guess whose back!?

i have a 1995 nissan maxima gxe. can somebody tell me how to replace the power antennae on my car OR how to just replace the antenna mast?? the motor works fine. i need very detailed drections. thanks:)

guess whose back!?
i have a 1995 nissan maxima gxe. can somebody tell me how to replace the power antennae on my car OR how to just replace the antenna mast?? the motor works fine. i need very detailed drections. thanks:)
If you don't have any info by tomorrow, I will check my Haynes manual and post what it says...

too late now.

i went to a salvage yard and found an antenna myself. very easy to replace. what i found on the internet is that the antenna mast that you don't want, you're supposed to pull it up and completely out, i guess preferably with some needle-nose pliers. ********. it doesn't work. i replace the whole power motor. super easy to do.

just unscrew the 2 bolts holding the antenna in the inside and then unscrew the very top piece on the outside of the car (the part that looks like a silver wedding ring that the antenna rises up out of). unplug the wires and plug them back into the new motor u have. screw the little silver wedding ring top piece back on and then reconnect the inside bolts! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

edit: circuity city was gonna charge me $170. i did it myself for $13

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

adio

5,000+ posts
THE STEREOTYPE FIGHTER!!!
adio
college park, ga
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date