Antenna stops my head deck working?

Participant count
  • Participant list

ren1239
10+ year member

Hi, i recently wired up my Sony Gt-280, it works perfectly without the antenna wire connected, when the head deck in on and i insert the antenna wire, it shuts off, when i insert the antenna wire into the head deck when its off, i turn the key and the head deck turns on but the buttons dont work, and it stays in demo mode. Please help, the head deck which was previously in my 97 celica was a 2 din kenwood which the antenna fit perfectly into, but the antenna doesnt seem to be a perfect fit for my Sony ?

Thank You

thats odd... first thought was you have the wrong blue wire hooked up to your remote but its the deck you are talking about... ugh... idk

Sounds like your antenna wire might be a grounding cable also. Try grounding the ground wire from the deck directly to the chassis.
Thanks for the help , unfortunately that didnt do it, does anyone have any suggestions?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.