Another "what should I get" thread (12")

diamondbackjo
10+ year member

I am not completely new to car audio, but I'm not an educated vet either. I have had several intermediate level SPL set ups and am just trying to get some opinions on what to run in my 2014 silverado crew cab.

I will be running one 12" in a center console. I will be able to squeeze about 1.5-2 cubes out of it.

ported or sealed enclosure will depend on what sub I run

as of right now I have a JBL P-1222 I can use and am not opposed to it but let the suggestions begin.

SPL is the goal with a little SQ in mind. I'm not looking to spend an assload of money but not a cheapskate

I've seen SA-12s thrive in center console boxes if you have the funds.
this or alpine type r. these trucks are a ***** to get loud with very little mounting space for any kind of an amp with size. I did 4 sa8v2's under the rear seat in mine which is definitely the best out of 6 different sub configurations.

this or alpine type r. these trucks are a ***** to get loud with very little mounting space for any kind of an amp with size. I did 4 sa8v2's under the rear seat in mine which is definitely the best out of 6 different sub configurations.
Yeah, i actually originally planned on runnin 4 forward facing sa8v2's under the rear seat, but long story short i dont have a console at all now after selling the jump seat. So instead of hunting down a factory 2014 console and also building a box ill just knock it all out at once so center console it what's happening, for now at least

Yeah, i actually originally planned on runnin 4 forward facing sa8v2's under the rear seat, but long story short i dont have a console at all now after selling the jump seat. So instead of hunting down a factory 2014 console and also building a box ill just knock it all out at once so center console it what's happening, for now at least
You could probably do more than 1 twelve if you got creative. Whatever you decide to do though post it up here please. I'm always changing it up and always looking for new ideas.

You could probably do more than 1 twelve if you got creative. Whatever you decide to do though post it up here please. I'm always changing it up and always looking for new ideas.
it was either 1 12" or 2 10's

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 PM ----------

Do you have an amp or have you decided on one?
i dont have an amp, and i have a few in mind but it will depend on which sub i chose to run.

The biggest selling point of the sundowns is they a underrated by quite a bit so you can feed them gobs of power and they sound good to. I can't believe how deep my sa8v2's sound I'm still breaking them in and they keep getting louder and deeper.

Another really nice sub that I have run are the fi ssd's also very deep bass and sound very good in a relatively small enclosure.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.