another pair of comps to match type r's?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Mr.meyhem
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
i have a pair of alpine type r spr-17s 87 db 110w. and I'm looking for another pair of comps to put in the back of my car. but I'm thinking maybe something different than the type r's...

any suggestions?i prbly have 300w available. it a cadence 250.2. but it has 2 30a fuses..

i have a pair of alpine type r spr-17s 87 db 110w. and I'm looking for another pair of comps to put in the back of my car. but I'm thinking maybe something different than the type r's... any suggestions?i prbly have 300w available. it a cadence 250.2. but it has 2 30a fuses..

You can try the new version of Alpine Type-Rs. The new models are called SPR-60, SPR-60C, etc. They're supposed to be better than the SPR-17S. They have new neo motor, shorting ring, and new surrounds. If you want a higher quality coaxial speaker consider Hybrid Audio Mirus or HAT Imagine. It'd be kind of a waste to use the later for rear fill though.

yeah. might with the type rs to the back if i get a nicer pair. I've heard some fusions. ik they aren't a very well know brand, but i had a fusion active wedge as my first sub and like the brand. and the make pretty good speakers. not too badly priced either. how many db difference should i be looking at if i get a different kind? and what is prbly the biggest thing i need to look at to see if the second pair will work with the type r's? (btw its a civic coupe so the back is practically in ur ear anyways lol)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.