Another DD success story

Participant count
  • Participant list

LosIsATool
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
Just did a drop in replacement. DC Lvl 5m1 to a DD 9518i. Much louder to the ear, can't meter till Saturday. Power is a half *** electrical BC3500. He's had some time to play with it and his words "Louder and it don't smell". The DC did a 143 at 30hz, I'll let you know what this one does when we find out. The box is 6 cubes net tuned at 28hz with 18sq per. I think we are going to do 16 per next time.

i could have told ya the dd will win on burps hands down!the prob is the dd wont handle that amp daily unless ur ez on the vol knob...
The DD is hitting the low end better also. It took it pretty good for about 30 minutes straight so far. I know many people running a m4a on a pair.

depends ur actual power ur getting to your sub with rise and all.

it is a 4 layer tight gaped sub, its lighter and faster.

lvl5 uses a huge gap so there is alot lost there. big motor isnt everything...

depends ur actual power ur getting to your sub with rise and all.
it is a 4 layer tight gaped sub, its lighter and faster.

lvl5 uses a huge gap so there is alot lost there. big motor isnt everything...
Whatever it is its working very well.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

The new DD suspension is going to help you ALOT with your low-end compared to a driver with a 7" (old DD) or 8" spider.
Huge improvement. Music and seems to be overall output.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.