Ampenstein FTL

Participant count
  • Participant list

mast240
10+ year member

YOU'RE A HOOKER!
tommy at ampensteins is quitting the buisness, and me and dbeez have to eat the cost on a new board!

the back story:

i bought 2 aq2200's ... one from joey on caco, and one from dbeez... both of which got shipped to tommy at ampensteins for repair.

a few days later, dbeez is sent the tracking number for one of the amps, which he sends to me.

i contact tommy the next day, inquiring about the second amp, and for about 3 weeks, i get reason after reason as to why the amp hasnt shipped yet (and for the last week and a half, the reasons all have to do with shipping issues... eluding to the amp already being fixed). i was understanding through the whole process, and told tommy to just keep me up to date.

i hit him up yesterday to see if theres a tracking number yet... to which he replies that the amp in question is fried beyond repair... and will just have to be shipped back to the original owner (the whole time, me and dbeez both thought its joey's from caco, due to the fact that they sent dbeez a tracking number, and that amp was delivered to me).

so then i ask him which amp it is, and he tells me it's dbeez... i contact dbeez... and, of course, he's suprised as hell, and a lil upset (understandable). he hits up tommy, to try to get the amp back, and try to recuperate some of his money (i believe he paid him 170 for the "repairs)... words are exchanged... and tommy decides to post this...

MY EXPLINATION TO DBEEZ REGARDING HIS AQ2200

just beyond ridiculous, IMO... never would have expected all of this from ampenstein... never had anything but good experience with them... but now, JESUS!

Idk, I read his side of the story and it doesn't seem that outrageous...Other than lying about the status of the amp, what did he do wrong?

i dont blame him for the amp being fried... or say that he did anything wrong with that... tommy does great work, and i would never put him down on that....

the biggest problem here, is that the communication sucked... and instead of trying to make things right... he just pretty much says "here's your crap, i'm out".

you probably will... like i said before... i've had nothing but good experiences with them in the past... but it just seems like, as soon as something goes wrong, your just shit out of luck

like i said... i'm not blaming the amp being beyond repair on him... i'm blaming the bad communication, over 1 month spent waiting on said "repair", as well as the "repair" costs involved on him

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

mast240

10+ year member
YOU'RE A HOOKER!
mast240
washington, dc
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date