amp/speakers working but headunit won't send sound?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rkrajnov
10+ year member

Indiana
ok weird problem. amp is hooked up to my speakers and is getting power but no sound. now i hooked up an ipod to the amp directly through rca's and they played perfectly so the problem is obviously from the headunit. i checked the rca connections and it seems fine. im using a kenwood excelon x794 for a headunit. any idea what could be going wrong. also the factory amp is still hooked up (monsoon system) and the factory speakers still play perfectly so I'm even more confused.

You need to take a DMM to the outputs on your deck and check that they're outputting voltage. if you don't have access to a DMM right now, swap out the RCAs for another set and try those. Problem could the HU or the RCAs. Also make sure you don't have the subwoofer setting on the deck set to "off".

i changed out the rca's and still nothing. i might go buy a DMM to test the rca outputs but im guessing i have a defective headunit :/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.