Amp Size

Participant count
  • Participant list
I am trying to have 2 amps installed in my truck but am real limited on space behind the rear seats. Does anyone know of a brand of amps that are smaller (less footprint) yet still provide 250 watts (one 4 channel and one mono)? I was looking at the JL Audio 500x5 but it is too big.

The plan now is too see if a JL 300x4 and a 250x1 will fit.

Any suggestionson a brand that is less bulky?

Thanks

Well, I know the sentiment to Kenwood here is kinda bad, but their 450w mono sub amp is fairly small. I think Pheonix Gold's 250 & 300w amp is pretty small too (the tantrum series). What you could do is check out a car audio shop (that carries more than one brand //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif ) and just see what they have.

Yeah, I am planning on going to the installer and having take some measurements - hopefully we can find enough space. If not, we might need to be real creative. I'll try your suggestion and go look at a wider variety of amps....

memphis and jbl make small amps but memphis makes from what i can remember (never seen side by side) the smaller amp..250d and 500d are tiny while the 2004 is less than a ft. harrison has a really lil 800 watt amp fits in the palm of your hand but you gotta play with the gain to get it to sound right

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.