Amp not powerful enough

dorkweed

CA
Hi I have a Rockford Fosgate 300S amp bridged onto 2 Alpine SWE 12 Inchers.

I am wondering if the subs could handle more wattage though.

The rockford gets awfully hot and after thumping for 10 minutes or so the amp will cutt out off and on.

The alpines are rated 200 W RMS each with 600 W Peak.

i would like to trade in my amp

for a RF 500X which is a four channel amp and then

bridge it into two channels... one on each of the alpines.

Do you think that the subs could handle this and would the amp not cut out as much (at all)??

Thanks..

are your subs new or old???SWE???the only subs now are sws and swr...are your subs dvc or svc....sounds like you are presenting too low of an ohm load on your amp it can't take the heat and is going into thermal protection....

They must be an older kind because when I bought them I thought they were swr but they are swe, and I cant find them anywhere else. I bought them at short circuit city for 149.00 for a pair.

They sound good but I think if I went to a more powerful amp they would sound better (be louder).

The amp I got now says 300W X 1 (Bridged)

But I have the subs in a parallel config so does that mean they are getting 300W each??

They are the svc type connectors I think .. ie only 2 connector thingys on each speaker

If you have your subs wired in parallel and the amp bridged also, your amp is actually reading a 1 ohm load. Your amp can only handle a reading of 2 ohms. You just need to actually wire your subs in series and then bridge the amp and it will read them as a 4 ohm load and will be able to handle the load and might just sound better.

Im taking this amp back and getting the rockford fosgate 500X or 500S or whatever it is.

I dont want to **** with the amp I just want it to be loud and have enough power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.