Amp may have gotten wet, Troubleshooting help?

fastfive09
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have a Cadence TXA-3004 four channel amp which powers my Alpine Type S components in the front two channels and a Type-E subwoofer bridged in the last two channels.

One day while driving my car, The subwoofer and front speakers kind of cut out and the speakers started sounding very scratchy and weak..barely tolerable. When I went to examine the amplifier it had some condensation on it. It wasn't soaked per say but there was a good bit of water on the face of it.

Since then, When I turn the car on, everything sounds great for about one second that it sounds like trash for the rest of the time. Same thing happens whether the car is on or in accessory problem. There is nothing wrong with my wiring or ground, as everything was working perfectly before I noticed water.

How can I tell if there is water damage? I can dismantle it and put a picture up here. I just have no experience with trouble shooting of this kind. Thanks in advance!

IMAG0716-1.jpg

a picture of it.

Amp has been removed from the car and the leak has been fixed.

Is this amp toast now or is there a way of telling which components are fried??

Just to add some more information. My amp does turn on with a green light and does not go into protect mode. I made actually try a bag of rice haha.

I will also open it up and post some pictures whenever that is finished

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.