Amp keeps turning off.

Participant count
  • Participant list
1000 watts shouldn't do that but it all depends on the car and size of the stock alt.
The amp shutting down and your lights dimming is most likely a sign that your not getting enough power.
I had this Earthquake amp that did the same thing.
Replaced it with a DD on the exact same set up and it never gave me a problem.
So I guess it could be the quality of the amp
Can't say for certain that putting a high out alt will fix the problem but it should.
Have you tried putting in a better battery. Something AGM

1000 watts shouldn't do that but it all depends on the car and size of the stock alt.
The amp shutting down and your lights dimming is most likely a sign that your not getting enough power.
I had this Earthquake amp that did the same thing.
Replaced it with a DD on the exact same set up and it never gave me a problem.
So I guess it could be the quality of the amp
Can't say for certain that putting a high out alt will fix the problem but it should.
Have you tried putting in a better battery. Something AGM
Yeah idk, it's a memphis so I hope it's just a lack of power, the stock alternator is like 110amp, but no I haven't, should I start with a better battery?

Not one bit. Why do you feel it’s sarcastic?

Ive ran over double that power on a 130 amp alt and large AGM under the hood without issues.

Last edited:
Northstar, XSPower,
Optima and Kinetic and are other brands but they not as good as the above but easier to get a hold of.
I live in Canada so getting batteries shipped up here is a pain in the ass so I had to settle for a Optima but I would have gone Northstar if I could have found a Canadian company that stocked or sold a type 35 battery

Not one bit. Why do you feel it’s sarcastic?

Ive ran over double that power on a 130 amp alt and large AGM under the hood without issues.
Lol its just me than, ill try and find one, I actually went ahead and got the h.o alternator

How much does CCA, CA, and other variables matter in the battery or is it simply the type and quality?

I think you should get the battery first and if that doesn’t fix it, then the alt. Unless you plan on upgrading your power.

Just figure out what size battery your vehicle takes and get the best AGM you can afford in that size. Or go bigger if it’ll fit

I think you should get the battery first and if that doesn’t fix it, then the alt. Unless you plan on upgrading your power.

Just figure out what size battery your vehicle takes and get the best AGM you can afford in that size. Or go bigger if it’ll fit
Well unfortunately itz too late now, but I'll be out of town for a week without my truck so I'll have time to plan and figure the battery thing out

Update: so I bit the bullet and bought a amg battery, with a little over 1000cca and like a 140min capacity, if you want more specs lmk, but as it is it definitely helped. I assume after long enough I will have the same issue but hopefully that's where the alternator will come into play. Though it was expensive I suppose I future proofed myself for other additions. As it is I did plan to add a winch, and probably look into some alpine type r's or some mojos.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.