Amp issues

Participant count
  • Participant list

winslade

Canada
Okay so yahoo answers doesnt cut it, anyhow

Ill described what happened exactly and go into details after.

I plugged in my amp and speakers (300w amp + 310w speakers)

First day it was great and no issues, next morning i move the amp and tilted it a bit on the wires as i was changing my gains, and it freaked out shut off and i stopped shut off the car then turned it back on and it now has this buzzing/winding sound.. This sound gets louder when motor is on, and higher rpms it will also go louder.

So what i tried to do is:

New ground, seat bolt sanded x2

New RCA's opposite side of rem/power cord.

New speaker wires/made sure they wernt touching the other ones

Cut all the end's of the wires that run into the amp and replaced them x2

Bought new amp/speakers

Rewired deck x2

Multiple other ground spots

Im running a 5-8 gauge for power/ground although the amp says 10. However i talked to some installer dude and he said aslong as its not higher than 10 its good meaning 10+..

( plus also it worked great until i moved the amp )

Ive spent days on end trying to figure this out and for me the only thing that i can think of even left is getting new ground/power wires..

But seriously wtf, i just moved the fricken amp a little lol.

It sounded like a backfire/pop when i moved the amp, i dont know alot about fuses but maybe the power fuse on the cable broke from it? idk if it'd still power my amp though, from what i know it wouldnt so im not to sure, just thoughts..

i have a pioneer deck - brand new, jvc speakers and cheap walmart amp (amp did work properly remember)

any chances that went u tilted amp on its power cables that maybe a few strands from the pos/neg touched??? Sounds like alt whine as u said the whine gets higher as the rpms go up which to mean says rca issues but kinda need more info and pics... PS seat bolts are not good grounds at all....... I guess 8-10awg is fine but I dnt think so... I would never run anything lower then 0awg cause ur gonna wanna upgrade and have to do it anyways.... Hell my speaker wires are 10awg...

So it was to do with rca's i youtubed the winding sound to show you guys and actually got a vid with what to do...

Although it seems very weird/jimmyrigged im happy for now but still would like to know the proper way of doing it..

So the video basically was showing that you needed to ground your rca - which then u stick some speaker wire in the rca, plug it in and ground the other end of the speaker wire and it stops all the noise (winding etc)

I have never had to ground my rca's unless I was using a pio with a blown pico... Quality rca's should not need to be grounded... LOL u are running a pio bet ur pico fuse is blown....

---------- Post added at 04:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:35 AM ----------

U ever hot swap the rca's???

ya seems its blown

Theres still minor winding sound, nothing compared to before but u can still kinda hear it while driving and volume is below 10, but atleast its not something u always hear and is the majority of sound anymore:)

Ill probably end up doing the sticked post for all the problems/solutions to this, i do have good rca's though, protected and not cheap..

I bought my deck from visions and am considering bringing it back as ive only had it for like 3 weeks :s although i dont think i have the box or anything anymore lol

And no i havent

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.