Amp is making some weird noise...like a mechanical noise.

1QuikS4
10+ year member

Ohio
Alright, just got a SS LW2600 in the mail today and have spent the afternoon hooking it up to a PG Ti12d I got off the forum. All of the wiring had been run previously on my old PG setup. I get everything setup, turn on the power and the amp is just loud, like mechanical loud, this is not the buzzing reverb ground loop. I've had some race cars in the past and it sounds like an external fuel pump. The protection light came on at first, so of course I re-grounded, checked all my connections...the sound and the LED made me panic. So I unhooked everything but the amp, it's still loud but after about 10seconds the protect light goes off and the blue power LED comes on.

I don't think this amp has a fan, which would make some sense for the noise. Has anyone ever experienced this?

Nevermind, close this thread, it does have a fan. Just glued it back down onto its footpad and the amp is silent.

I have the 1700 watt version and it fried within two days of installing haha, all of the gains were correct too. Hope you have better luck with yours //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I have the 1700 watt version and it fried within two days of installing haha, all of the gains were correct too. Hope you have better luck with yours //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
That was probably due to user error and not the amp itself.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.