Amp gains

Participant count
  • Participant list

FromKrypton
10+ year member

Montreal
I have a 4 channel MTX amp that I'm using to power my highs. The problem is that the back 2 channels are way too loud, be distortion freee. I've already set the gain to zero and they are still louder than the front 2 channels. The front is currently at half gain and the back is off. I'd like to lower the back to even things out but the amp just won't be quiet. It's at the point where my highs are drowning out my subs. Could the amp gains be broken? Any ideas? Doesn't happen that often that an amp puts out more than is wanted.

Thanks for any tips you might have.

It could be the sensitivity of your speakers. The back speakers probably use power more effeciently than your fronts. Speaker brands such as Pioneer and Blaupunkt can get very loud without a lot of power. What kind and sizes of speakers do you have? Also be sure that you didn't wire the speakers differently than the fronts, which could make the amp put out different amounts of power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

FromKrypton

10+ year member
FromKrypton
Montreal
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from