Amp fried?

Participant count
  • Participant list

22mountaineer
10+ year member

6 /\
North AL
Alright, just bought an MA HK-4000d about 2 days ago. I took the roof rack off of my mounty and bought some tahoe roof slats and put them over the holes. Well I guess I didnt get it good enough. Went to lunch playing it, came back and tried and it sounded like it shot me a test tone for a split second and shut off. The voltage DROPPED down all the way. Looked back there and there was water on the amp. It will power up but when it does it drops to 6 volts.

Maybe a short? I tried using a hair dryer and a compressor to blow it all off. Tried it again and it did the same thing? Anyone know if I have a chance in even getting it working? If not I need a respected place to send the amp to. I will be selling it either way if anyone is interested. I am getting a new ride..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.