Amp for x2 Ground Zero GZIW 10SPL subs?

Participant count
  • Participants list
Volt meters you can get at Amazon as well for a decent price. Might want to check there instead of Ali Express which will take some time to get to you even in the UK.

Also I would go with 1/0 OFC or welding wire if you ever decide to go up to 1 ohm so the wiring is done plus that is what they recommend for that amplifier in the manual from what I am seeing. Same with the ground wire as well. Personally I use ANL fuses as I can get them from Sky High on Amazon in 10 packs for around 10-20 bucks depending on the size. Also a distribution ground for future upgrades if you decide to ever add a 4 channel amplifier for any speakers in the car in the future.
Most electronics come from china anyway so why not get them directly from the source without the added taxes, also I’m not in a hurry.

Thanks a lot for the info, I was thinking about future proofing this build since from what I’ve seen from my buddies, there’s never enough bass and you always want more.

I’m not sure I can add a distribution block to my battery since it has a distributor on top on both power and ground (pic from Google but very similar to mine):

And I was going to use an ANL fuse but what amperage fuse should I use? From Ground Zero's website they have a 0AWG kit with a 300A fuse, but from some calculators online for 2000W at 12v a 180-200A fuse should be more than enough.

I am also thinking about upgrading the speaker system with an amp and the Nav I’m about to add to the car has a built in DSP but I’m not sure how good it is. Also I was told by someone that in order to add subs I’ll need a Hi-Low thingy as I have a CIC system and not a standard stereo, is that something I should look into?

Last edited:
As Hispls said get a set of dual 4 ohm and wire it to the way it is below on 12 volt to a 1 ohm load and find a amplifier that is 1 ohm stable. Or find a 2 ohm stable amplifier as he said and wire it to the way the 2nd 12 volt link says to a 2 ohm load.

Thanks a lot for the diagrams, really helpful! I also found this youtube video showing how to wire to 2 ohms:

Also, is this wiring kit suitable for the GZIA 1.2000D?
Kit: https://www.ground-zero-audio.com/en/produkt/gzpk-35x-ii/

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...