Amp for SBR-S83V - Alpine 8" Single Ported Enclosure Loaded with Type-R

Hulk311
10+ year member

LA
I am looking to purchase the SBR-S83V - Alpine 8" Single Ported Enclosure Loaded with Type-R and need a good amp.

WoofersEtc.com - SBR-S83V - Alpine 8" Single Ported Enclosure Loaded with Type-R Subwoofer

I have found two so far:

PN1.450D - Soundstream Monoblock 450W Class D Picasso Series

WoofersEtc.com - PN1.450D - Soundstream Monoblock 450W Class D Picasso Series Nano Amplifier

and

MRP-M500 - Alpine Monoblock 500 Watt RMS Power Amplifier

Amazon.com: MRP-M500 - Alpine Monoblock 500 Watt RMS Power Amplifier: Electronics

For my front stage I already have RAINBOW CS 265 PROFI VANADIUMs and an ARC AUDIO FD4150 to power it.

I've made up my mind on the SBR S83V because of the small size, I would appreciate any advice on the amp.

Also, can the FD4150 amp be run in 4channel set up for the above speakers and sub? The speakers are 4 ohm and the sub is 2 ohm, so I don't think it can, it will underpower the speakers correct?

I heard from reviews that this little SBR subwoofer sounds awesome. The R8s are very good subs in general. If my next car is a compact, I might throw this box in as the price-performance seems awesome. Jim Walter of Alpine did mention on DIYMA forum that in this box the R8 will not handle more than 300watts RMS this box is speced for. And so, regardless of what amplifier you have, set gains carefully with DMM not to exceed this wattage.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.