Amp for rear deck only?

Participant count
  • Participant list

sharkman

poor bass head
Ok I have a 2016 dart. I really don't like the car but in the mean time I wanted to add music. I have already did the big 3 with zero gauge welding wire. Ran 0 to the rear For second battery.

The plan is for a dd 9512 on a m3 which I'm waiting to be delivered.

Wondering if I could avoid rewiring new speakers and just add 2 powerful 6.5 speakers to the rear deck with an amp...would the sound be to way off?it don't have to be perfect but just able to hear more then just bass.

Just get a good front stage. Don't put anything in the back. If you already have something in the rear deck, I'd just disconnect it and put in a nice 4-channel amp (like, let's say, an Arc Audio XDi 600.4) and go active. Maybe pick up some Stereo Integrity components like some M25 tweeters and a couple of TM65 MK II woofers. I believe that Arc amp has bandpass filters, so you can go active without getting a DSP. But, you should get a DSP like a Helix DSP.2 or a Mosconi 6to8 Aerospace (or 6to8 V8) if you want the best sound you can get. Whatever you do, make sure you do a good install and tune (meaning sound proofing and spend a good amount of time tweeking that DSP).

I'm not looking for the best sound just to get loud enough to match the sub. Running the wiring for the speakers and what not is what's concerning me. I can't just catch them at the head unit since it's very time consuming to remove that...I have to figure this out

I'm not looking for the best sound just to get loud enough to match the sub. Running the wiring for the speakers and what not is what's concerning me. I can't just catch them at the head unit since it's very time consuming to remove that...I have to figure this out
just wont sound as good, u want music/words in front not behind u..

Okay, don't go active. You still need a 2-channel amp, then, to run the front stage. Pick up some Morel Tempo Ultra 602 two-way components on Ebay for about $280 and you're good to go. More than good, those Morels sound great, but you have to amp the front stage and you should deaden the doors to get decent results.

Okay, don't go active. You still need a 2-channel amp, then, to run the front stage. Pick up some Morel Tempo Ultra 602 two-way components on Ebay for about $280 and you're good to go. More than good, those Morels sound great, but you have to amp the front stage and you should deaden the doors to get decent results.
This car is a daliy. I'm not spending $280 for speakers just to take them out in a year or 2

It's something that SQ snobs will never back off of... it's been the same since I got started in the mid 90's... "Pedigreed names" or "esoteric audio" brands that always come with a stiff price... LOL!.. a good set of components or coax probably will do you just fine... treat the front doors correctly and power them decently and you'll be happy, I'll bet... that SQ viewpoint is not for everyone... that prior response you got is indicative of the narrow-mindedness of certain people... if you don't have "their" brand, well... it's just crap!.. LOL!.. then again there is going a little too far and just trying to get loud at any cost... this screamed at you... I would NOT even get close... No way I was getting inside... everyone has a different approach... Good sound is fine for me... I left the SQ quest behind and I'm fine with that... Seriously do you want something like this?... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmSOgz0oStA

It's something that SQ snobs will never back off of... it's been the same since I got started in the mid 90's... "Pedigreed names" or "esoteric audio" brands that always come with a stiff price... LOL!.. a good set of components or coax probably will do you just fine... treat the front doors correctly and power them decently and you'll be happy, I'll bet... that SQ viewpoint is not for everyone... that prior response you got is indicative of the narrow-mindedness of certain people... if you don't have "their" brand, well... it's just crap!.. LOL!.. then again there is going a little too far and just trying to get loud at any cost... this screamed at you... I would NOT even get close... No way I was getting inside... everyone has a different approach... Good sound is fine for me... I left the SQ quest behind and I'm fine with that... Seriously do you want something like this?... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmSOgz0oStA
I'm glad I read your post b4 I responded to the other. Yeah I don't mind powering just have to take my time on the doors. Which sometimes can be a bit hard. Some weeks I'm working 80 hours so I just want to do something simple. My doors are 6x9s which looks like the cost more then 6.5 speakers. I was going to pick up a ppi 900.4 to power what ever I get. Now I have to look for some simple speakers that can take power. Kicker? From what I can tell they don't need much power

Oh and I just got my m3a today. Got it off ebay for $400. I was hecka worried that I was going to get played again. It looks pretty good. Now I need to find out how to power it. I have a few odyssey group 31 batts. I'm hoping I could use just 1 if I turn the gains down. My trunk space gone

I'm glad I read your post b4 I responded to the other. Yeah I don't mind powering just have to take my time on the doors. Which sometimes can be a bit hard. Some weeks I'm working 80 hours so I just want to do something simple. My doors are 6x9s which looks like the cost more then 6.5 speakers. I was going to pick up a ppi 900.4 to power what ever I get. Now I have to look for some simple speakers that can take power. Kicker? From what I can tell they don't need much power
It might be worth taking a look at the Skar TX 6x9... I bought the TX-65's for mine... they're surprisingly loud without being harsh in my install... kinda' beefy for the price too... but there are a TON more options/manufacturers out there... Price/Power handling and a silk dome tweeter was what made me decide... I was pleasantly surprised at the weight and overall sound and bought some for my son as well... additionally... I gotta' have a silk dome tweeter... just my preference... I'm powering these with a Rockford 500S 2 channel and lovin' it... $59 for the TX69's is a pretty good price... they aren't components but sound good to me anyways... https://www.skaraudio.com/collections/tx-series/products/tx69

It might be worth taking a look at the Skar TX 6x9... I bought the TX-65's for mine... they're surprisingly loud without being harsh in my install... kinda' beefy for the price too... but there are a TON more options/manufacturers out there... Price/Power handling and a silk dome tweeter was what made me decide... I was pleasantly surprised at the weight and overall sound and bought some for my son as well... additionally... I gotta' have a silk dome tweeter... just my preference... I'm powering these with a Rockford 500S 2 channel and lovin' it... $59 for the TX69's is a pretty good price... they aren't components but sound good to me anyways... https://www.skaraudio.com/collections/tx-series/products/tx69
Hey what's the max watts I can give these speakers. And will this match great with 1 dd 9512 on m3a

Hey what's the max watts I can give these speakers. And will this match great with 1 dd 9512 on m3a
The MAX/RMS rating is not even important to me... the weight,sound and build quality matters more... they currently are blending very well with my current setup and I'm happy... I have 500 watts of Rockford power available but who knows where the amp is set at... LOL!.. the highs are LOUD to me with very strong Mid-bass as my doors are sealed/dampened well... the sound is pleasant as well... not too bright for me as I AM picky... I run all Equalization flat and crossover the highs at 60 hz... I've got a pretty strong amp on them and they hang well as long as I do not get too stupid (full volume for 20 minutes)... I have 6.5's in the doors and 4x6's in the dash... it is not perfect but I'm happy... BTW... it's blending with 2 CAB's strapped at 1 ohm currently in a 30 hz box (146-7 db)... they do all right IMO...

The MAX/RMS rating is not even important to me... the weight,sound and build quality matters more... they currently are blending very well with my current setup and I'm happy... I have 500 watts of Rockford power available but who knows where the amp is set at... LOL!.. the highs are LOUD to me with very strong Mid-bass as my doors are sealed/dampened well... the sound is pleasant as well... not too bright for me as I AM picky... I run all Equalization flat and crossover the highs at 60 hz... I've got a pretty strong amp on them and they hang well as long as I do not get too stupid (full volume for 20 minutes)... I have 6.5's in the doors and 4x6's in the dash... it is not perfect but I'm happy... BTW... it's blending with 2 CAB's strapped at 1 ohm currently in a 30 hz box (146-7 db)... they do all right IMO...
OK 2 cabs strapped . Is that about 3k. I need something that's going to be heard over the bass. I will see what 2 ch. Amps I could find

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.