AMP for RE Audio XXX15d4

Participant count
  • Participant list

JRC93

Hey there,

I'm pretty new to car audio, i've been doing research after the past few days and decided to buy a RE Audio XXX 15" 4ohm, i'm trying to find the best bang for my buck amp. Doesn't need to be anything fancy, just looking for the best setup to power this sub and my car speakers, Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

Do you have the electrical to run a 2k amp and power a sub with 2k watts? Your talking high output alternator and dual batteries and 1/0 gauge wire. REAL 1/0

Already have the alt in and a battery in the trunk from the previous owners system. Was going to have my local shop do all the wiring, its fairly priced i just want to buy the right amp online because the shop jacks up the prices of thier amps a lot

The d4 was on sale for a lot cheaper nearly half price, i still have time to cancel my order should i not run a single dual 4ohm sub? I have the option to purchase an orion hcca 15 or hdc4 18 or any of the other low to mid level comp grade subs. Just figured for the price the XXX 15 would be the best bang for my buck.

The d4 was on sale for a lot cheaper nearly half price, i still have time to cancel my order should i not run a single dual 4ohm sub? I have the option to purchase an orion hcca 15 or hdc4 18 or any of the other low to mid level comp grade subs. Just figured for the price the XXX 15 would be the best bang for my buck.
The d4 was so much cheaper because big power at 2ohm is harder to find/ way more expensive. The D2 is for single sub setups and d4 for multiple sub setups. So yes cancel and find a D2 sub for your convenience

The d4 was so much cheaper because big power at 2ohm is harder to find/ way more expensive. The D2 is for single sub setups and d4 for multiple sub setups. So yes cancel and find a D2 sub for your convenience
Thats understandable, my ordered wasnt processed yet so i was able to cancel, do you have any recommendations for a sub that will be as loud as the xxx. completely changing out the old system so im looking to spend no more than 600 or 700 on the sub(s) alone, because ill be buying new amps, wiring, probably will end up changing out the old battery and capacitor as well they are pretty old.

Junk the capacitor, whats the output of the alt the car comes with? Cant recommend a sub if we dont know what were are going to be able to power

The XXX is unique but they are not that loud per dollar. Sound pretty good but don't sound good per dollar. But yes answer the important questions first. Your sub money might get cut down once you see how much it cost to power it.

Junk the capacitor, whats the output of the alt the car comes with? Cant recommend a sub if we dont know what were are going to be able to power
160a stock but i can easily purchase a new one, that's not a problem, neither is a decent quality amp. Bassically want to start fresh with my entire audio system, but i want some killer loud bass. It is my daily driver though

The XXX is unique but they are not that loud per dollar. Sound pretty good but don't sound good per dollar. But yes answer the important questions first. Your sub money might get cut down once you see how much it cost to power it.
Well im willing to spend around 2,000. I don't nessisarliy want to, but if thats what it takes. But yeah, bang for my buck is bassically what im searching for.

Great another charger... Lol jk are you willing to give up your entire trunk? Checkput ramrods charger build on the build logs section his box builder CSCStang is great at work currently getting my 4th box from him and shes a BEAUTY. But i think a ported 15 on like 2k watts will do you plenty. And you wont meed much electrical for it

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.