Amp Fixin' Advice JBL

TMali
10+ year member

I Can Dance If I Want To
Bought a JBL GTQ at a swapmeet about 6 months ago now, guy said it worked, looks brand new ( stickers are still on it) So i bought it. What could i lose for 3 bucks really anyway??? Well got her home and tested it, light comes on no sound. Put it away till now and decided id investigate into it. Yep, blow mosfet. Looks like only one got crispy. I want to try to fix it and get the right part/parts to fix it but i dont know where to start??? tried looking up the number on the good ones next to it but cant find it exactly.

On it, it says

ST W714

MOROCCO

P50N06

Does anyone know how i can find this part or Find out what mosfet i need?

Thanks Guys

Fully working its worth maybe 50 buck
Id rather through it at kids playing in the street then send it to someone
This with video? Also video of you being arrested for proof it was done.

Get a hold of the some of the amp repair guys on here and have them help you with parts.

Fully working its worth maybe 50 buck
Id rather through it at kids playing in the street then send it to someone

Get a hold of the some of the amp repair guys on here and have them help you with parts.

Thats what im trying to do here, get someone who can tell me how to match up the mosfet or happens to know how to make that part number make sence

what model is it? got a pic of the amp, and fried fet? also, you are going to want to replace the whole bank, and resistors that feed them, not just the one fried transistor........ i might actually be interested in the da^^n thing.....

oh, and i think this is the one, btw..

2N3714 STMicroelectronics Bipolar Power
I knew about replacing the bank, but not the resistors.

And i thought i posted the whole modle.... but i guess not. It's a JBL GTQ 240

yah, most of the time, when you can find all the specs on it, there is several different ones that will work as good, or better. when it comes to the risistors, i replace them without question. they are dirt cheap, and at least one, or more has been over-loaded, and you can't tell most of the time.

FQP50N06 or STP50N06 would work just fine as replacements. FQP50N06 will be easier to come by. I would look at Electronic Components from the Best - Future Electronics , Mouser Electronics - Electronic Component Distributor , or Electronic Components Distributor | DigiKey Corp. | US Home Page . All very reliable parts suppliers. As was mentioned you will want to change all of the FQP50N06's and their gate resistors plus you should also verify that the power supply driver transistors have not went south on you as well. You probably won't wanna hear this but more often than not blown power supply fets are caused by shorted fets/transistors in the output section of the amp. If you have a meter I would start checking between the legs of all the output fets/transistors to see if you read any shorts before you order any parts. You may have a channel or two that needs new outputs as well. Also when you buy fets try to buy at least 10 of what you need even if you don't need that many. Ordering ten plus will help make sure you get matched date coded parts. Parts with matching date codes will increase the reliablity of the amp. You never want mismatched date codes for any parts that are in parallel.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.