amp cut off!

im running a a denon 660BL amp to 2 12" bumpers. the amp is rated at 4ohm~1ohm~. If the speakers are 8 ohm speakers will it cause abrupt amp cutoff? yep I feel stupid on this one, I first thought it was a bad voice coil, but after a few diagnostic changes, nope that didnnt seem to be the only problem. Anyone have any ideas, or is the amp just screwed up?

A higher impedence shouldn't hurt your amplifier. Have you tried bridging the amp. And wiring the subs in parallel for a 4ohm mono load ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

actually i tried it all, i thing i had my input sensitivity set too high and was causing the load overload! i even tried to run the speakers in series for an 8 ohm load and still had cut off. well i sent 1 speaker to miami to have it checked and we will see. thanks for your input.

Originally posted by mavsdaddy1 actually i tried it all, i thing i had my input sensitivity set too high and was causing the load overload! i even tried to run the speakers in series for an 8 ohm load and still had cut off. well i sent 1 speaker to miami to have it checked and we will see. thanks for your input.
dont worry i have the same prob. with the Sony XM-2252HX. i would really appreiciate it if you could message me when u get the solution to the prob.

thanx!!

Originally posted by mavsdaddy1 actually i tried it all, i thing i had my input sensitivity set too high and was causing the load overload! i even tried to run the speakers in series for an 8 ohm load and still had cut off. well i sent 1 speaker to miami to have it checked and we will see. thanks for your input.
dont worry i have the same prob. with the Sony XM-2252HX. i would really appreiciate it if you could message me when u get the solution to the prob.

thanx!!

LAOPRINCE

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.