Amp blowing

Participant count
  • Participant list

1_lowcord

CarAudio.com Newbie
I need to figure out why I keep blowing amps!!! I’ve never blew and amp in my life and never once had an issue with an install!!! My car is a 2018 Honda Accord Sport with an aftermarket 12.3 android screen that works flawlessly. I’ve went over every wire and completely replaced the remote wire, there’s no breaks or tears in the power or ground and I have a 120ANL fuse going to my RF Punch 400x4 and it didn’t blow either and there’s power at the amp and at remote wire, plus everything is the same as it was in my last car my Chrysler 300 and Notta issue. I’m ocd and take my time so I know it’s not something I did I don’t do **** work…I take pride in my work. I opened up my old amp and here it is and I still need to check my RCA’s. I should also mention my RF T2500 amp is working perfectly!!! What happened with the first amp was I had the remote for the big amp connected and it was working great and I connected my lil amp and music was playing good and clear through T2 components and a few min later I hear a pop and then I replaced Anl fuse because it blew and then I reconnected remote wire and it popped the mini fuse I tapped into in dash so replaced the mini fuse a couple more times then driving after a few min and hear a pop from amp and see a puff of smoke and check all fuses and it’s good and there’s power at the amp so I figured the amp was old and took a **** so bought a new Rockford Fosgate punch 400x4 and was on for a min or so and turned car off and heard a pop from amp then turned car on and heard another pop from amp and it went out and tested it and it’s blown also fuses are all good also there’s a RCA jack off the headunit for sub and I have a RF Line Output Converter for lil amp!!! I’m soo lost!!! Here’s my old amp I opened.

97FEEE5F-19DE-4516-AE12-664E9C6D1ADA.png

Attachments

• A645CEA5-2F44-4549-899A-060A704C9215.png
    A645CEA5-2F44-4549-899A-060A704C9215.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 13
An old tech told me you can burn out an amp by using the wrong bass knob. Even amongst the same brands they have different circuit designs. This was because I wanted him to fix an old Fosgate bass knob which was not available anywhere.

An old tech told me you can burn out an amp by using the wrong bass knob. Even amongst the same brands they have different circuit designs. This was because I wanted him to fix an old Fosgate bass knob which was not available anywhere.
I don’t have a bass knob for this amp. It’s just for my components.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...