Amp and Bass Issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

Darrenw77

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi all

Really need some help here, I have a 54 plate Saab, it has the upgraded 7 speaker system, it has two factory amps that power these speakers. I have removed the rear speakers and spliced into the cables attaching a speaker to rca converter to the cables. When I tested the system I had no Bass. I started to check over and removing the right rca cable from the amp the speaker came alive. However it does not sound clear and on higher volume levels it starts clipping and popping. Ive double checked the wiring this is all fine. I have basic ICE install knowledge so not sure on where to go from here. with this year on Saabs they have a fiber optic system that you can not remove so I cannot remove or by pass Amp 2. Anyone have any suggestions on what my next steps should be? I have a digital multi tester so can carry out basic checks..

Any help would be most appreciated..

Darren

Hi all

Really need some help here, I have a 54 plate Saab, it has the upgraded 7 speaker system, it has two factory amps that power these speakers. I have removed the rear speakers and spliced into the cables attaching a speaker to rca converter to the cables. When I tested the system I had no Bass. I started to check over and removing the right rca cable from the amp the speaker came alive. However it does not sound clear and on higher volume levels it starts clipping and popping. Ive double checked the wiring this is all fine. I have basic ICE install knowledge so not sure on where to go from here. with this year on Saabs they have a fiber optic system that you can not remove so I cannot remove or by pass Amp 2. Anyone have any suggestions on what my next steps should be? I have a digital multi tester so can carry out basic checks..

Any help would be most appreciated..

Darren

Any time removing an RCA cable makes it louder you've got a polarity issue. I know you said wiring was correct, but it sounds like it's not. Double check that your reference for wire colors isn't wrong if nothing else.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.