AMM-1 Amp Dyno Video of... The Elemental Designs Nine.5

Participant count
  • Participant list
[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']@bigblank69 any idea on the s/n ratio on the nine.5 amp? Can't seem to find the info....or if anybody else knows. @audiobaun[/QUOTE]

I didn't come across that spec when researching that amp, and I don't have the equipment to test that.

[quote name='Boomin_tahoe']@legendndisguise if you know, could you lmk please[/QUOTE]

Not certain of the source, but found this:

Signal to Noise Ratio > 100dBA
Variable Input Sensitivity .3 - 8V
Remote Variable Input Sensitivity No
Variable Low Pass X-Over 50Hz - 4KHz
Current & Thermal Protection Yes
Remote Bass Equalization Yes
Variable Phase Control Yes
Master / Slave Option No
Efficiency
Variable SubSonic Filter N/A
Fuse(s) External 1 x 120
Max Current Draw 280
Damping Factor > 300

I am on business travel right now I won't be able to check to see if I still have the book until this weekend.

Not certain of the source, but found this:
Signal to Noise Ratio > 100dBA

Variable Input Sensitivity .3 - 8V

Remote Variable Input Sensitivity No

Variable Low Pass X-Over 50Hz - 4KHz

Current & Thermal Protection Yes

Remote Bass Equalization Yes

Variable Phase Control Yes

Master / Slave Option No

Efficiency

Variable SubSonic Filter N/A

Fuse(s) External 1 x 120

Max Current Draw 280

Damping Factor > 300

I am on business travel right now I won't be able to check to see if I still have the book until this weekend.
Thanks man. If you could check the owners manual that would be awesome. Of course that's when you get some free time. Post it here, email me, PM me either way...

Thanks man. If you could check the owners manual that would be awesome. Of course that's when you get some free time. Post it here, email me, PM me either way...
I couldn't find the original book for the amp. Thought I still had it, even though the box was damaged from a flooding basement a few years ago.

as much as I REALLY love these amps and the fact that you tested it, i have to ask, would you be able to do the same test with all channels loaded?

almost bought the same power supply myself

hows the whole testing shipping thing going? if you're interested in testing an xtant 403a, a/d/s/ ps5, or banda 7k (might need to discuss this let me know

The test was done with all channels driven, as I do with all multi channels. I use braking resistors as the load and put them on all channels.

Testing/Shipping works like this, you get it to me and I will test and ship it back for free (as long as I am allowed to video your amp). Only caveat is this, the sine wave that is used for certified runs CAN be very stressful on the amp, I try to limit this by running no more than -5db of overlap on the gain and i haven't lost an amp yet with this method. BigD has said before he runs -10db and he has had a few burn up on him. If the amp burns up from the load, I can't take responsibility for the damage from the test. Again havent lost one yet //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I would be happy to test the A/d/s or the Xtant, but I don't have the Juice for the Banda.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.