Am I wasting my time

zbone1
10+ year member

Missouri
I am just wandering if I am wasting my time with my system, I want it to pound alot, I am getting ready to fiberglass my entire trunk. My subs are in 1.5 cubic feet boxes right now, which isnt enough and doesnt meet the minimum. The subs are 2 12" kicker L7's. I know these things hit alright but I want more. I figured re-doing the boxes with fiberglass will expand it to 2.0cubic feet a box. Also I will be adding a second 1200 watt amp, one for each sub. Do you guys think this would help me achieve maximum decibals / lots of bass? I will be adding a deep cell in the trunk and my old 2 farad cap. for the highs I only have a fosgate 400.4 and still using stock front speakers and 2 6x9's in the back in box's for now... My head unit is an alpine 7" touchscreen iva d300, its okay. Tell me what you guys think would be appreciated, just wanna know if im wasting my time on these subs.

boxes need bigger and ported, also what is your electrical now? Upgrade you underhood batt, do the big 3, throw the cap in the trash and go from there. What size is the stock alt?

do a ported box w 1200 watts to each sub. not sure how much air these subs need but i know they need air and power.1 12" built to specs would sound better than 2 12" crammed in a small space

I think that A EQ would be great for sound quality, what are you doing with the system? an EQ will not improve you sound just by adding it to your system you must have good mids and hi's

well my alternator now is only an 85 amp, I am purchasing a 200amp, I will have more than enough amps if i calculated correctly. I will be keeping the starter battery and adding a solenoid, also will have a deep cell in the back. I will be doing the big three. Also 2 cubic feet isnt enough for these subs? what do u guys recommend for good mids and highs? polk audio, infinity, what brands are top of the line for mids and highs or is it just preference. Thanks for your guys's help

setting your system on fire will be louder. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
^^That's a great example of a waste of time. Thanks for volunteering yourself for that example.

I figured re-doing the boxes with fiberglass will expand it to 2.0cubic feet a box.
Like expanding the boxes in size? You could probably just build a bigger box for easier.

Unless you mean glassing the inside contours with glass to fully utilize the trunk space.

well I was thinking maybe doing it with fiberglass I would have more space available and I guesss with fiberglass u can mold it. I am not sure, also I think if I was to take out my spare tire under the subs that would also give me more space. right now the subs have 1.5cubic feet. is .5cubic feet that hard to achieve per sub when you remove the extra tire? I am trying to get this car stereo shop to do it, the guy said somewhere around 6-700$ does this sound right? he said it can be done, i just have a small trunk, and fitting 3 amps, 2 subs 2cubic feet each, a deep cell battery, and a cap, kinda pushing it... mitsubishi lancer 2003 es...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

zbone1

10+ year member
zbone1
Missouri
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from