Am I going deaf?

EarDrummin.
10+ year member

Is this my Brahma?
Wanaque, NJ
Hey fellas, I have a weird question.. maybe it's my hearing or something, but when I get the power up, my subs seem to resonate... like it almost skips beats or something. Does it have something to do with the frequency settings?

one time i was listening to my system hella loud at night,then went to bed,woke up and left for school, and i couldn't hear the bass very well. I could fell them,but not hear them. tords the end of the day i was able to hear the bass.

If you play your stereo system so loud that it affects your hearing, you've got some serious issues to deal with. That's ridiculous, what will you do when you can't hear anymore? Then you'll have to learn sign language or learn to read lips. People don't understand the value of hearing until they loose it. Music does not have to be loud to enjoy. Just do yourself a favor and ask yourself if a few years of loud music is worth loosing your hearing for the rest of your life, or even part of your hearing.

LOL! I appreciate your concern, and I'm sure you're generally stating that people shouldn't abuse their ears for the sake of loud music, but I was being a bit silly. I simply thought I heard something wrong with the subs and went to far with it :p

Originally posted by Phatillusion If you play your stereo system so loud that it affects your hearing, you've got some serious issues to deal with. That's ridiculous, what will you do when you can't hear anymore? Then you'll have to learn sign language or learn to read lips. People don't understand the value of hearing until they loose it. Music does not have to be loud to enjoy. Just do yourself a favor and ask yourself if a few years of loud music is worth loosing your hearing for the rest of your life, or even part of your hearing.
you know hearing damage starts at about 80 db...now don't tell me you haven't got a stereo that can't hit 80 db. hearing damage is just one of those things no one can really avoid.

Originally posted by CashMoney If you ain't got no get down in your ride then you can't say anything about your hearing. Cause if someone is louder than you, You gotta get louder in this game.
Actual hearing loss does not occur at 80 db, if so people would be losing hearing just from everyday comotion. Second off, I no longer have a system in my car, and when I did, the only time I played it to it's full potential or even close for that matter, was when I was outside the car. But, I see people riding by with their systems full blast and that is plain ridiculous. So what, you turn a few heads, but is it worth losing your hearing? Hearing really isn't something to joke about, you take it for granted while you've got it, but when it's gone, you'll wish you hadn't.

oh, sorry. i was told by someone that hearing damage occurs at like 80 db. but i understand what you're talking about, with the people that bump down the street and you can hear them from like a mile away. that's not necessary, just obnoxious.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.