Alum10Q?

audiobahn isnt expesnive the reason why a bunch of famous peope have audiobahn equipment is because its chrome. what goes with a big ass SUV on huge chrome rims. chrome stereo stuff. i had 2 alum 12x but never heard them because they were stolen. i have a friend that had 4 Q power 12's which if i'm not mistaken in another audiobahn division. they sounded like ass but thats only one install. i would say that u won't win a sq comp with 'bahn but they sound alright for playing rap music which is what most peope who own 'bahn listen to. when ever i get around to building this box for my friends flame q. i'm going to put it in my car and compare it to my idmax.

So how would Alum10Q's compare to RE SE 10's. I know RE is supose to be the best and what not, but from what I gather RE SE's are more for SQ. I'm I understanding that right? I'm mostly just looking for SPL.

aftere my recent brush with audiobahn...

id rather go deaf in both ears while bleeding from

the eyes than ever hear another one of those

god aweful things...

I wonder how much of ya KNow about Audio?

Most peopel go for JL's

And Honestly My 2 Alum10's Outperform JL.

Along with my amp.

But then again I am running 1.5 OHMS

my amp is 1 ohm stable unlike most.

Sealed is Crisp and have not tried ported as of yet.

Working on building a Ported box.

Just to try out.

For the price I love my ALum10's daim good product and for alot of competitions people are running audiobahn and JL

so before you hate try them. or find a place that is willing to test them in different enclosures for you to hear.

A true audio shop will let you sample some of there stuff in the store.

I hit about 147db in a poorly made enclosure. and it sounds tight and clear. how about you?

Welcome to the board.

And Honestly My 2 Alum10's Outperform JL.
What JL models, and in what install?

Most peopel go for JL's
I didn't, nor did a lot of people I know...

my amp is 1 ohm stable unlike most.
Again with the most, I know plenty that are //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I hit about 147db in a poorly made enclosure.
Mic, frequency?

so before you hate try them. or find a place that is willing to test them in different enclosures for you to hear.
Actually, some good advice there. Always good to hear things before you buy - in car installs would be ideal, but in store gives you a basic idea of what to expect. Hopefully.

I wonder how much of ya KNow about Audio?
Ditto.

Forget the models of jl's but it was in a mustang which got totalled.

sounded daim good though wont disagree with that.

And for the mic frequency I have no clue this was back in 03.

I Also mostly listened to some metal some rap and punk so it sounded good on all which the jl did not.

but again that depends on vehicle box etc.....

oh when i put 147 its suppose to be 127

thats in the car out of the car never tested. due to old hot rods where throwing the dbz off on exterior tests.

And that was the highest I think I hit while the jl hit harder in the proper box and trunk but did not sound as crisp. but everyones ears are different.

im currently Looking for a better system but havent found anything to attract me as much as the alum10's have

I woudl not touch the flame series too high priced for an over modified alum

i went also by price and ratings from users when i bought them then a couple months later other brands came out with better stuff......

OK iM done for a while on the board laterz

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

peteman70

10+ year member
peteman70
MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from