alternators

Participant count
  • Participant list
So I need an upgraded alternator for my 2006 Mercedes E350, stock is a 180A.

Mechman, Singer, DC and a couple others couldn't make one for me. I was able to find however

High Output Alternators & High Torque Starters

anyone ever use or heard of them? they are quoting me $605 for a 260A

Also, I talked with Tom over at Ohio Generator and he said he could do one for $550, however Tom said that I probably will be fine without the upgrade and stick with the stock alt.

I will be running 2 amps totaling 2000 watts, the fuses for each amp are 80A

I plan on replacing the stock battery with a car audio aftermarket battery.

think i will be fine on the stock ALT? should I upgrade?

180A stock alt is pretty high, although that means the car probably requires a good portion of it. I say get your batteries and install done and see how it does, if you're getting wicked voltage drops then maybe consider an alternator.

Get a voltage meter and wire it in with your amp. I just ordered the stinger one off ebay. It works good and is accurate usually within 1/10 of a volt.

I wanted one of those smd vm1 ones but $80 for a volt meter is complete horse ****. They do look nice though lol.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.