• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 4
  • Views 854
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

i bought an alpine amp, model, mrp-f200 and it says 50 watts x 4 at 2ohms but i was looking info about that amp in diffrent sites around and shows the 50 watts x 4 at 2ohms and shows 40 watts x4 at 4 ohms bridged, plus it shows 30 watts x4 at 4 ohms RMS, i even went to alpine.com and says the samething, now i buy that amp over the internet it haven't arrived yet it should in a few days , im planning just replacing the factory speakers for good ones thats why i got that amp but now i dont know if i should buy 50, 40 or 30 watts RMS speakers but since my head unit is a kenwood with 22watts per channel then there is no much reason to get a 30 watt per channel amp if is like that, and one more thing whats the 2ohms and 4 ohms thing? can i use that amp at 2ohms to supply the watts on 6 1/2 speakers on side panel doors?

help help!!!!!

Basicly 2ohms and 4ohms are a measurement of impedence or resistance in the circut. As for you speakers, are you going to get a two way component set or are you getting a coaxial set? What brand? I ask bc you could drop the load down to 2ohms if you get a component set. you'll be running one channel to mid driver and a tweet. If you get a coaxail, try to get a set that has connections for the tweet and the midbass driver.

For a 4 channel amp I prefer to run it at a 4 ohm stereo load. The 30 watts rms the Alpine can produce will give you a big improvement from the 22 watts comming from your Kenwood. The Kenwood internal amp does not have the room inside the HU to contain the circuitry necessary to produce a good consistant clean sound nor does it have the room to disipate the heat created by the internal amp. The Alpine will sound brighter, crisper, more defined mid-bass, as well as play louder. I used that amp for a short time and I still miss it to this day. I had a Rockford 50 X 4 rms that could not compare to that Alpine. Awesome amp.

hey guys i do apreciate all the help. the answer for kid about what speakers im putting on, ok finally i got my amp today its showing on the box 40 watts per channel at 4 ohms wich sound better since i though it was only 30 watts, well im thinking about getting infintys kappas components for front doors but they are 90 watts or polk ex3 components 100watts, now something else came up to my mind lets see what you guys think, i got 100 watts on that amp if i bridge the channels , about getting those polks ex3 for front doors using the my amp bridged to supply those 2 speakers and getting a 30 or 35 watts speakers for back doors and let the kenwood head unit work on the ones on the back?

or should i still with my prject on finding a set of four speakers for whole four doors?

about kenwood components 50 watts amplified with my 40 watts amp,its a good match?

if i get kenwoods then i can use all my 4 channel to supply all four spekers since kenwiood components do not demand too much wattages.

anyway come on guys came back with suggestion

Go with the nice speakers up front and don't even worry about the rear speakers. those speakers are just used to for background noise. As for bridging, i wouldn't worry about 40x4 is good enough. when your working with higher frequencies you don't need as much power running to them for the speakers to be loud.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.