Alpine USB Folder Structure

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jomo60

CarAudio.com Newbie
USA
Hi,
I have an Alpine ilx-f411 head unit which I am having trouble with how the unit is reading my USB files.
Here is how I have the folders set up
1) I have a folder for each artist.
2) In each artist folder I have many folders--one folder for each album
3) In each album folder I have the music files.

When I go to my USB on the head unit there are no artist folder. However, the order of the artists are still maintained. Initially I see a list of albums. The 1st album is the 1st album for artist 1. Then I see the 2nd album for artist 1. Eventually I see the 5th album for say artist 25. The order of the albums is perfect with respect to the order of the artists put on the usb.

Now I do not want to see a list of the album. I prefer to see the list of the artists.

Now Alpine claims that I can't have folders within a folder on this head unit.

I am wondering if there is a way around this?

Last edited:
Hi,
I have an Alpine ilx-f411 head unit which I am having trouble with how the unit is reading my USB files.

When I go to my USB on the head unit there are no artist folder. However, the order of the artists are still maintained. Initially I see a list of albums. The 1st album is the 1st album for artist 1. Then I see the 2nd album for artist 1. Eventually I see the 5th album for say artist 25. The order of the albums is perfect with respect to the order of the artists put on the usb.

Now I do not want to see a list of the album. I prefer to see the list of the artists.

I wonder if you can use an Ipad or a small Laptop?

Hi,

USB is a FAT 16/32 file system. Sadly that is a limited system. Way around... may have to use a media player and fly that music into that Halo via Bluetooth audio.

Hi,

can yo find a solution? i have the same issue for the ilx259.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...