Alpine Type R Vs. ED-K Vs. Any other subs in the price range

there you go AGAIN... making comments w/o knowing anything..
if u knew anything then u'd know i didn't "waste money" on a w7.. but then again like i said u just talk talk talk all that talking but really aint saying shyt
You're entitled to your opinion as am I. In my opinion you wasted your money on the W7, regardless of what you spent on it. I've heard it in various installs and while it sounded good...it didn't sound great to me....I just couldn't justify spending any amount of money on a sub that doesn't fit my style.

You're entitled to your opinion as am I. In my opinion you wasted your money on the W7, regardless of what you spent on it. I've heard it in various installs and while it sounded good...it didn't sound great to me....I just couldn't justify spending any amount of money on a sub that doesn't fit my style.
ok to u i wasted my money... humm could be why its called "my money"

what i think i'm doin right now is wasting my time pushing keys on my keyboard responding to stupidness

if anyone could get a 12w7 brand new w/ a 3 yr warranty for 375 bucks i'm sure they'd jump at the opporunity BUT n/m, bye

well i dont know about u but i like the edK's i have 2 in my truck and they sound awesome

best subs for the price IMO

they get pretty lound for the money i payed for them 110 bucks each preorder special

not putting JL Audio down but i dont think u can get a JL Audio sub for that price that sounds that good....

i heard someone say that the 15A is lounder than the 12w7

and dont say"well the 15A is a 15 and the Jl is a 12 but the w7 is still 200 dollars more......

i think ED subs r real good for the money u pay u might not like them but i sure do..

edKs totally ***** slap type-rs in my opinion, I heard 3 ported 12 type rs and mine totally destorys it in spl and sq //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
**** ****in yea, my shits hittin 147 -- and i only paid 250 shipped for the pair ;-)

two ed15ks + 7 cubes = ear tearing bassy goodness

i might end up getting brock's edk 10 *old school w/the e... so then i can comment on that sub..

oh and as far as best low line subs for price ,someone mentioned edk, well i prefer kicker comp.. i wrote a reivew about them a few months ago, but since the forum has changed so much, i'm sure its gone, but those babies sound WONDERFUL... 120 for 2, can't beat that and its CHEAPER than 1 edk, lol..

oh well, we all have our opinions in the end as long as u got something in there that beats more than a kenwood 12 (blue face one), i don't have any problems w/ya..

and that goes for u too kid (the one commenting on me "wasting" my cheese on the black and silver)

i might end up getting brock's edk 10 *old school w/the e... so then i can comment on that sub..
oh and as far as best low line subs for price ,someone mentioned edk, well i prefer kicker comp.. i wrote a reivew about them a few months ago, but since the forum has changed so much, i'm sure its gone, but those babies sound WONDERFUL... 120 for 2, can't beat that and its CHEAPER than 1 edk, lol..

oh well, we all have our opinions in the end as long as u got something in there that beats more than a kenwood 12 (blue face one), i don't have any problems w/ya..

and that goes for u too kid (the one commenting on me "wasting" my cheese on the black and silver)

hold on,,,,, maybe im missing something, you have infinity kappas, alpine ****, and your gona spend 100 bucks on your subs? maybe your not a big bass guy, but it seemed like you had nice **** then talkin about gettin kenwood subs? haha, i think i just missed somethin here

hold on,,,,, maybe im missing something, you have infinity kappas, alpine ****, and your gona spend 100 bucks on your subs? maybe your not a big bass guy, but it seemed like you had nice **** then talkin about gettin kenwood subs? haha, i think i just missed somethin here

no i was saying that those kicker comps 12s are for 120 bucks and i consider them the best low line subs..

then i said

i have no problem w/anyone as long as they aren't rockin the kenwood blues

no i was saying that those kicker comps 12s are for 120 bucks and i consider them the best low line subs..
then i said

i have no problem w/anyone as long as they aren't rockin the kenwood blues
ohhh makes more since now, i was thinkin why in the world would he spend so much money then get kenwood. haha, kenwood blues-- good stuff

Well currently I own a type R and frankly I am not too happy with it at all. Im giving it 350 watts rms 500 peak in a 1 cuft sealed enclosure and i dont like the SQ or SPL on it. I was really looking into ED-K's on their website. How much better would these be? I was even looking into the O series but would these be worth the extra money and would my current amp power it or time to get a bigger one? Does any other company make a nice sub comparable to these for the same price range, maybe DD? Thanks guys
**** man I bought 2 12" Type R's thinking that they would just be okay and did they ever i took these see see how loud i hit and I got 149.7 the car that beat me hit 154.3 and he had 2 Kicker L7's. I LOVE ALPINE. Clear and hit hard. I ran these to subs in a ported box with a Audiobahn A1500HCQ amp with 2 caps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.