Alpine type R Problem ! jbl 1200.1 ?

• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 27
  • Views 2K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
its an L shaped box and it has that effect? my friend had a dakota extended cab with 2 10" boston pros under his back seat in 1 cft shared and it humped. ne indiana here about 5 miles from ohio...i usually go to custom audio concepts in van wert. how hard does it hit with one sub? and if your looking for straight output why you messing with a 12? lol and if even so i woulda took a adire audio shiva woofer over the alpine lol call me if you want just email me i'll try my ****edest to help ya

So one really good sub would be better than 2 ? Like a solo square 12 or 15 ? in a ported or selaed box box ? the reason i put one sub to the side instead of both facing back is there is a big seperation of my front stage and my subs when they both face backwards , you hear boom nboom boom from the back and alll the music from the front , it blends better with on facing the side !

unregestered-- try this build a box for one sub

with these mesurments

14'' height

7''depth at top

10'' depth at bottom

20'' wide

put one sub in this box and wire it into a( 2 ohm load.)

then wire this sub to the left speaker output on the jbl 1200.1.

then wire the remaning sub ,in your custom box to a (2 ohm. load)

then wire it to the right speaker output on your jbl 1200.1

so you'll now have the new box you built on the left channel and

the custom box on the right channel.

both subs wired this way is now a (1 ohm load to your amp)

the jbl 1200.1 run best at a 1 ohm load .

play a cd with a lot of bass and see witch sub plays better

the one with the box you built or the custom built box.

also make sure you are using all 4 rca inputs on the jbl 1200.1

using all 4 inputs turns on the bass boost thats

built in to the amp (if you are just using 1 pair of rca inputs

get rca y adapters and split your one pair to 2 pairs

so youll now have 2 lefts and 2 rights

using the rca y adapters all 4 inputs will have signal

comming in ( give it a try).

sorry audiolife- i posted it as left and right speaker

outputs so spddracer has an easer time wiring

both subs to the 1200.1 i know the jbl 1200.1 is a mono amp

but the manufacture adds another speaker output (copycat)

for ease of multiple speaker wiring.

audiolife is right, your subs are out of phase by 90 degrees. which means they're going to cancel a little bit. I too have the 12" alpine type R in a sealed box that is .88888888889 ft^3 per driver, and they pound like hell in there. I orginally had them in a .5ft^3 box and it didn't hit nearly as hard and it didn't go as low. I also inverted them and i reversed the polarity. you could get phase adjuster or build a new box

I have 2 12"type R's DVC powered by a JBL 1200.1 amp wired for a 4 ohm load. My subs knock!!! I think the box you have might be too big. The subs call for .75 to 1 cubic foot. My box was custom built by a local audio shop and it is really small. The only thing is that my amp is maxed out. They sound great and don't distort, but I don't know how much louder they can really get! THEY KNOCK!

Talked to jbl on this problem , By the way did build a new box firing down Wow , Anyway the problem turned out to be that wirng the subs at 1 ohm ( 2 ohm each ) dual 4 ohm they were dropping way below 1 ohm hince shutting the amp off ! protection setting in ! wired to 4 ohm load and everything is just fuc**** great !! god these things pound the hel out of me , I am very impressed with both the amp and the subs box is now .88 on each side , GEE WIZE I COULD JUST **** EVERY TIME I TURN IT ON , ALMOST MAKES YOU SICK TO LISTEN TO IT FOR MUCH MORE THAN A MINUTE !! HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEH THANKS ALL !!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.