• Thread starter Unregistered
  • Start date
  • Replies 27
  • Views 2K
    Participant count
  • Participant list
U

Unregistered

Hey guys I Know im an unregisterd idiot !! BUT , I just got my alpine r,s , (2) 12" dual 4 ohm , I have them run at 2 ohm config , I just got the 1200.1 jbl everyone here is freaking over , Got it all in and I am not imprressed at all , Hell my 2 comp vrs with a rf 800.2 hit harder than this ? Is this amp all its cracked up to be or what , Are the subs **** ? I got all my suggestions from here , The only thing I am wondering about is my box ( already cutom built before I got these subs ) is 1.25 cf a side , Do these type r,s work well in that much space ? Thanks for any help !

Its just not hittin like the vr,s did , I dont know gonnaplay with it more tommorow . Yes it sounds somewhat better but dahm wheres my spl !!! I wndering if the box is to big ? Turn the bass past +2 and the dahm things are popping ! I am pretty good with car audio and setups just to let you know ! Just trying new subs and amps !! what do think is the better amp ppi 2150 or the jbl 1200.1 ?

think im gonna get a couple solo 12l7's ! jbl be enough for them both ? how do the 12l7,s compare sq and spl to the comp vrs, or the older solo rounds ?

Ok lets tell you all about it ! Give me some ideas !!

2000 R/T dakota club cab

HU eclipse 8051

Front CDT hd62dt in the doors

Kicks boston pros 6.5 both run off a orion xtrme 275 ( dont knock it f**ing rocks ! ) ive tried 5 diff amps on the fronts this blows them all away !! Pg , PPi Ect !

Front sounds awesome !! Very happy there !

Subs sound like **** and always have in this truck unless you open the doors !!

have a custom built box sealed divided 1.25 a side really dont want to build another box but will if i have to !!

so far the best sounding and hitting subs I have had in there have been 2 solo rounds running in a .6 cf oxes faces backwards !! give me some help on a sub/box combo fo rhte back !?

Box is built in on the left side , one sub faces the back one face the right side , seat is out on the left side , Fits nice ! 3/4 mdf sealed good no leaks , Jsut cant get subs to sound right in there !! have had comp vr,s in this box , had 2 10" polk dx , sounded horrible , 2 solo rounds in diff boxes .6 cf sounded the best so far , and now the typr r,s !

so they fire out of phase reguardless of how you set it up right? one fires 90 degrees from the other right? the build to box is definatly the way to go but if the picture i have in my head is correct then you should amp each sub seperately and get a ppi phase adjuster

i just want it to pound and sound good , I listen to a little of everything from country to rock to boooom booomm booom !

ok you lost me there Out of phase ? , they are both run on the same amp , both running th same polarity , yes 1 fires to the right side of the truck and the other fires to the back of the truck ?

ok then they are semi fighting eachother ..meaning they are not fireing from the same plane. that is at least part of your problem. ever see elma gates bronco when it was all ppi? it had subs all over but they got them to work together with those ppi phase adjusters... to test my point knock one of your subs out of phase to see how big a difference there is..if i am right there shouldnt be too much of a difference....if it gets louder lol my hats off to you but if it is about the same then i am right..just wish i could see it lol

Wnat a pic? I live in ohio , your in indiana !! where at , Dahm i need a profeesional !

Actually when I reverse the polarity to one sub i have alomst no bass ! they just cancel each other !

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.