Alpine SPX17PRO's

Participant count
  • Participant list

tat2bass
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Cali
Item(s) for Sale: Alpine SPX17PRO's

Item(s) Description/Condition: Good condition. Will break it down by each piece of equipment.

Tweets- look great from the front. No scratches or dents in the grills. The housings are a different story but is not visible when mounted. I glued the tweeter housing into my a pillars so it will definitely have glue and deadener residue on the housings. Does not affect performance in any way. Had some on them when I bought them and I added a little more. Again though, not noticeable when mounted. Of note is that these sets only come with flush mount options.

Crossovers- little bit of residue again on the back side. Other than that they are near perfect. These crossovers are amazing. Come with tweeters attenuation that you can change. They can be biamped and have a light bulb in them that will light if you are pushing the tweets to hard. They also come with little modules that act as a type of time alignment. In the manual you pick the according module based on the set mounting locations and it will offset the timing and response based on the location. They do come with the covers and all the chips. In the pics they are just dusty.

Woofers- One of them has a small tear in the surround. Doesn't affect performance and I just put a small piece of electrical tape on it. The other mid had one of the terminals come off. So I used a mix of jb weld and super glue. Again it doesn't affect performance. From what I've read, this has been a common issue with these. The front of these look perfect other than the tape on the one. I actually couldn't see the tear at first. Wasn't until I started pushing on the cone to make sure there was no coil rub or anything did I see it. The grills that these come with are perfect and unused. Both of them have slight oxidation on the back. Looks worse in the pics than in person. Could probably be removed with a dremel and some buffing, but it's the back of the motor so I didn't care.

Only selling these because I want to go louder. I am gonna switch to pro audio for once and see how I like it.

Looking for the following

4 crescendo ft1 supertweets. Don't care what color. Must be 4 ohm.

1 pair of rockford 6" pro mids. Also must be 4 ohm.

Active capable amp. Specifically looking for a ppi p900.4. Of course with these you would have to add some cash, but not much as I'm looking to move this set quick.

Price: $225 obo shipped and insured in the original box

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information: included

Item Pictures:

image_zpsb9f836a3.jpg

image_zps8573c0b2.jpg

image_zps086c124d.jpg

image_zps1b120c2e.jpg

image_zpsaaaf0500.jpg

image_zps8d716b35.jpg

image_zpscf298a39.jpg

image_zpse99e9f7f.jpg

image_zps3a636b51.jpg

image_zpsdcce85a9.jpg

(List pictures in this section, 1st picture should be your username/date if you have less than 10 positive feedbacks with the i-Trader system or less than 10 references that you have sold to in the past. (These must be listed in your signature, or a link provided to a feedback thread listing these references)).

Also willing to trade for a set of RE XXX 6.5 comps. Can do the following.

Trade my set for yours straight up or I can change out the mids from the alpine set and throw in a set of the rockford pros instead.

I don't care if it's the new or older style re's but they need to be in pretty decent shape

They are behind my door panel so I don't want to take them off just yet but they are perfect. Only 2 weeks old also and only have about 5 min of playing time on them as I'm out of work for my surgery so I haven't been driving my car. If you really want to see them to make a deal I will, but you can trust me. If you buy them I'll take pics when I take them out. Just don't want to take the doors apart twice you know.

From what I have read, these are the best alpine has out out minus the f1 series.

Alpine didn't actually make any of these. They are basically rebadged scan speaks. They sound great, but I want louder and was gonna run pro audio, but I found a set of Hertz HSK 165 XL's so I picked them up and have no use for these now. I honestly have done a ton of listening on them. I did a rough tune and they sound great. But knowing I was gonna move them, I didn't bother going to in depth with tuning and all that.

$150 shipped. Final price drop on these **** things.

For those wondering about the condition. Nothing affects the performance. The tweets and crossovers are in great condition. The test in the one mid is not even visible with the tape off of it. The terminal that came off is a known issue on these models. It is even better than stock now. I glued the **** out of it and it won't possibly come off now. The oxidation on the back really doesn't look that bad in person. Again it in now way affects performance. The cones on them are perfect. No scratches or anything on them. This is a killer set for 150.

I will do $200 for the set shipped with the new rockford pro mids. These things sound great. Only selling the set because I got a set of hertz HSK 165 XL's which has always been my favorite speakers ever.

Can't believe I haven't gotten any bites on these yet. Quit being so cheap you bastards. Willing to trade for just about anything besides headunits and speakers.

Hmmm, I just might have to grab these. What shipping method would you use? PM me your PayPal info I'll probably send payment later tonight when I get home from work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.