Alpine SPR-17LS ideal for hip-hop genre music?

Participant count
  • Participant list

M@nJo
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
bay area
im looking for a nice set of 6.5" components thats ideal for hip-hop/rap/trance music. i want something that will sound good at any level given. they will be seeing 40w off an 4-ch alpine amp too. my budget is $150-+

i heard a component set with soft tweeters are great for hip-hop so i was eyeballing the alpine type-r components: http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14754

if not that, i was looking forward to the polk db series.

any other suggestions for my needs?

I just installed these in my Caddy doors. I have about 70 watts going to them. They produce nice midbase, but the tweets can be a little harsh. My HU is not all that spectacular, but I decrease the tweet level there and it mellows it out, but at some loss to the upper mids. I don't listen to rap, but corporate avenger sounded good on them. YMMV

Richard

i just went down bestbuy and heard the type-r components run off a 35w home audio setup. the rockford punch 6.5" components put the type-r components to shame with it comes to hip-hop music.

im now interested in the rockford punch 6.5" component but the maget is so thick, it might not fit my 2dr civic. but im upgrading from the polk ex3560 and im sure i will love the polk db series since its the higher end model and looks more durable.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.