alpine mrx-m240 going in to protect mode

jler5958

I have an alpine mrx-m240 with 2 alpine 12in x types wired at 4ohms but when I turn the volume up on my head unit it goes IN to protect mode I checked my power, ground, rem, fuse, and rcas and for some reason it still cuts out when I checked the voltage I get about 13.6 volts with the truck on , and I also have 0gauge wire. So if anybody can help me figure it out I would appreciate it

can be as simple as a short circuit in your speaker wiring. time to pull the subs and make sure each connection is insulated. also, carefully inspect your wiring at the amp, even one wire strand shoring out can cause this exact problem.

I've turned the gain down but it still does it, the big 3 I haven't done I'm not too sure my alternator can handle it because it's a stock alternator, and yes I've check all my wirings and even 're did them but still for so reason it cuts out and I can't even put my subs to 2ohms for the fact that it already cuts out at 4ohms

I have an eq hook up and an epicenter also and a door speaker amp also do u think any of those many be causing the problem?
yes the EQ boosts your pre-out voltage and the epicenter boosts it even more Even with the amp gain at zero you might be clipping the other 3 sources (head unit, EQ, epicenter) are set too high. Have the sub output go directly to the amp or just to the epicenter, dont have it go through the EQ and then the epicenter thats a recipe for disaster.

Ok that is how I have it set up, so what do I do then if my head unit only has 1 pre output IN the back? So u think I should take out the eq?
or take out the epicenter if you need the EQ for your mids and highs amp. If you dont have a 4 channel then take out the EQ. Would have been better if you had a head unit with 3 pairs of preouts with true 4 volt+. Cleaner signal. Most head units with one pair of preout is pretty dirty at higher volumes.

It is a 4 channel eq, I've tryed hooking up my rcas directly to my amp with out the epicenter but it still cuts out, and even with my eq rcas I have also done the same and it still cuts out, could it be the head unit?

Did you ever find the issue. I’m fighting the same battle with the same amplifier. Was performing tremendously and then one day it started cutting out just as you described. Have redone wiring, big 3 completed, second battery completed, amplifier circuitry all pristine and no overheating or circuitry issues present. Installed MRX m110 and it doesn’t cut out. I’m at a loss and could use some help??

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...