Alpine MRP-M500 shuts down

Participant count
  • Participant list

doomtheflame

Hi

I am a bit in a slump here could any of you help me out.

I have an alpine mrp-m500 500w rms at 2ohm with a jbl GTO1214D dual coil 4ohm wired to 2ohm 350w.

A little while back it started shuting of and coming back on when i turned off the deck and back on and then it was more of shutting down randomly and even if turn off the deck or the car and back on it will not come back on.

And randomly it will come back and length of staying on varies.

So i am thinking wiring.

I rewire the + to a 4ga wire and new fuse box and new battery hook up

The - to 8ga new battery hook too and i rewired the - from instead of seatbolt i put it directly to the battery.

Checked ohm on sub 2ohm checked voltage to the amp 12.48.

Odd thing is when I touch the + to the remote on amp it comes on but if I push it a bit 25 out of 60 shuts down again.

2 questions here first is how do i know when the mrp-m500 goes in safe mode could not find it in my manual

second is my amp shot or is there something else i am missing.

I have the same amp, usually good amps and this amp has been used for 3 years, ran hard and nothing ever happened to it. It has even been hooked up to a wall outlet by the previous owner LOL. It's still going strong. Get the MM and check the voltage coming from the REM wire from your HU, because it sounds like to me something is going wrong with it. When you touch the positive and the REM together, it should turn the amp on and that's a good sign the REM wire is messed up. It could be something as little as a loose connection at the back of the HU. Check that and let me know, I'll help you as much as I can.

I'd check the remote output and make sure your'e getting a CONSISTANT 200mv.. If ur not then take the remote wire from the back of ur head unit, and wire it to a spdt relay. you can get one (bosch style) from radio shack for about 5 bucks.

Hi
I am a bit in a slump here could any of you help me out.

I have an alpine mrp-m500 500w rms at 2ohm with a jbl GTO1214D dual coil 4ohm wired to 2ohm 350w.

A little while back it started shuting of and coming back on when i turned off the deck and back on and then it was more of shutting down randomly and even if turn off the deck or the car and back on it will not come back on.

And randomly it will come back and length of staying on varies.

So i am thinking wiring.

I rewire the + to a 4ga wire and new fuse box and new battery hook up

The - to 8ga new battery hook too and i rewired the - from instead of seatbolt i put it directly to the battery.

Checked ohm on sub 2ohm checked voltage to the amp 12.48.

Odd thing is when I touch the + to the remote on amp it comes on but if I push it a bit 25 out of 60 shuts down again.

2 questions here first is how do i know when the mrp-m500 goes in safe mode could not find it in my manual

second is my amp shot or is there something else i am missing.

Found it

It was loose in the plastic connector in the back of the HU

Changed the plastic connector going in the HU

Thank you all and sorry for loosing your time should of checked that fisrt or at least second.

It's all good bro.. glad you found the problem.

Found it
It was loose in the plastic connector in the back of the HU

Changed the plastic connector going in the HU

Thank you all and sorry for loosing your time should of checked that fisrt or at least second.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.