Alpine KCA-121b or KCA-420i?

carsRcool415
10+ year member

thats all I know.
CA

Ok, so after researching and asking questions about which options are the best for connecting an ipod to an Alpine CDA 9811 deck, I came up with these two: the Alpine KCA-121B with an RCA cable or the KCA-420i. Which overall, would have the best sound quality or has cd-quality? Thats like the most important factor i'm looking at.

Thanks for any help.

Ok, so after researching and asking questions about which options are the best for connecting an ipod to an Alpine CDA 9811 deck, I came up with these two: the Alpine KCA-121B with an RCA cable or the KCA-420i. Which overall, would have the best sound quality or has cd-quality? Thats like the most important factor i'm looking at.

Thanks for any help.
Since sound quality is, "like", the most important factor to you, get the 420i so you have a line level output from your iPod. The KCA-121B would require you to have a 3.5mm to female rca cable and use your iPod's headphone output, which is a noisier path (unless you have a redwine modded iPod).

The 5th generation iPods have decent sound out of the headphone output, the 4th generation and before really need a line out to get good quality. Also remember that nothing you do on your iPod is going to be CD quality if it is compressed, it may sound good, but it won't be original quality unless it is lossless.

Im doing the exact thing, will the kca 420i work with the 9811??? i thought it was ment for 2004 and up stereos...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

how about 4 mbus? which shoud i use? and i dunno how to set it to aux-in. this is my headunit. cmd-75xx
IMG_6307.jpg

wow time for an upgrade there... I think your only option is a tape adapter for that old of a deck...

as for the 420i... I had it on my 9835 and it took forever to scroll thru songs on the deck. I was unplugging my ipod, finding my songs I wanted to hear and then plugging it back it cause that was faster than trying to find them on the deck. I ended up ditching it and got a FM modulator that charges my ipod while its hooked up. Obviously the sound isnt as nice, but I cant tell that much of a different.

I suggest getting a new alpine deck with the direct Ipod connection. Its much faster and easier to use.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.