Alpine headunits

Participant count
  • Participant list

geezy21unc
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
FLA
anyone with experience with these headunits let me know whats a good one to get, looking to spend around 100-300 on a ghood unit , i want one that has alot of EQ controls. would perfer motorized face. and full screen color

Look into a used CDA-7998.

One of the most highly rated units Alpine ever made.

cda7998.jpg

They pop up sometimes for $250 - $300 (used).

Heres some info from Sonic Electronix-

Alpine CDA-7998 (cda7998) Discontinued Car Audio & Video

Alpine doesn't do a lot of fancy backgrounds. Their best displays are the Bio-Light style - a lot of information very clearly displayed. The CDA-9833, -9835, -9855, -9887 all have parametric EQ, crossover, and time alignment.

There is/was a CDA-7998 in our classifieds here.

An Alpine IDA-W203 gives you a double din DVD but no EQ. you need to run external EQ's or processors for that. add an PXA-H701 and you have all the processing you'd ever want, plus fiber optic. The other W20# models would work but probably be outside your budget. Certainly the processor/eq would put you over.

well, i should say you get a 2-band parametric EQ with the W203. i installed one just an hour ago in a friends truck.

i've ran Alpine for 15 years. owned dozens and sold all of them working. haven't had one fail on me yet.

what is your goal? do you want/need bluetooth, ipod, sat radio?

do you want a screen for movies or just a display for track/artist/title info?

do you listen to CD's or mostly ipod/mp3?

I run a CDA-9887 in mine, but with the PXA-H701 so i don't even use the plentiful EQ/TA/X-over options built-in, with the additional kit for Audyssey. I run a CDA-9835 in my wife's car. like the other models i mentioned before it features their BassEngine Pro, look for that when looking at other models.

i want something similar to pioneer p80mp or p8mp, that deck is the best deck ive ever owned, thought i would mess with some alpine to see whats up..i have an ipod yes, dont care bout bluetooth, or anything extra, but would be nice...i really dig the compressor effects in pioneer bmx comp, those are really nice

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.