alpine cda 9833

Participant count
  • Participant list
no different than 9813 other than its a newer model and you can change colors & IT HAS 3 TEXT LINES INSTEAD OF 2. I say if you wanna save money stick w/the 9813.

9815 is a step above 9813 b/c the 15 has 3 lines and the color is blue.

TRUST ME if color isn't a big deal, stick w/the 9813

Thanks, Ill keep that in mind. Do you got anything on the power wire needing to be hooked up to the battery?

I've never done it. Not like I use the internal amp or anything anyways. Even if I did I still wouldn't go directly to the battery.

But if it makes you feel any better / safer, go right ahead. If you have to run power wire to amps anyway, you may as well.

- Steve

didn't hook it up that way either...

ALSO, i don't use internal amp.... as a matter of fact my brain tells my fingers to turn it off, so many years down the road when i decide to just have the hu and no amp, the hu will be like new b/c the power hasn't been used, lol VPOWER LMAO

i have the 9815 also, is there a way to turn off the internal amp or does it simply know not to use it if it doesnt detect a load on the speaker wires after you cut and tape them?

it should know seeing how u have rca's and remote wires goin to amp. but you can turn it off

hit setup button, which is hte button to the left of 1..... press and hold it

press the left or right arrow keys until it'll say somethin like pwr on..... hit the band button to turn it off. then press the setup button again and you're str8

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.