Alpine 9887 vs. Pioneer p880prs vs. Pioneer p800prs

x990 does NOT go active. It has high and low pass xovers, but no bandpass.
9887 > 880 because of noise issue, otherwise they are = in my opinion.
to tell you the truth...I haven't had ANY issues with the 880 yet!!! that's why i Love it.

Dude, I'm all about the Alpine, of course I'm not to familliar with the other options. But I've had my 9887 for a little over a month right now, and aside form it not being able to display the time while the unit turned off, I have no regrets. Especially if you have a serious system in your ride the 9887 will let you bend and twist it every wich way you want. It's a pretty jammed up head unit.

Quick question about the 9887, might be in the market for one.

How's the ipod control? Fast? How about usb drives? Does it browse them well? Easy to navigate the files?

My x791 is awesome in that respect but I need the active capabilities of the 9887 and I always wanted to try an Alpine deck.

Are the ranges of the bandpass and the HPF's broad?

9887 does not have usb built in, the ipod on alpine is regarded as one of the best.

It also has one of the best active settings, you can cross the mid as low as 200 hz hp and it can be lp'ed as low as 35 hz.

No usb built in? Could you elaborate? The connector for the ipod, does it go from deck to usb to connector for ipod? Have you tried thumb drives or hard drives?

No usb built in? Could you elaborate? The connector for the ipod, does it go from deck to usb to connector for ipod? Have you tried thumb drives or hard drives?
I don't know how to elaborate on that? lol You have to buy a module to get a USB connection with it.

The ipod connector connects directly to an ipod wire on the back of the HU and is non usb. I don't have the ipod connector since i don't have an ipod, and I don't have the usb module.

Ther's no USB connection for anything on the 9887. It uses a cable called "Full Speed Connection". It works almost the same as a USB does and still charges the iPod as it plays.

I am also having a hard time choosing my upgrade to either a 9877 or 800/880.

The problem is everybody knows that 9877 is a great sounding unit with no noise problem plus great ipod control. However, it doesn't (just in my opinion) have the bells and whistles that 800/880 has. I don't know how to put it, but it just feel like you have bought a more premier unit with 800/880.

One reason for me might be I am currently using a 9857 and therefore many of the functions that 9877 has is also available on 9857 therefore nothing new to me.

Can anyone please tell me will there be a lot of difference when I change from 9857 to either 9877 to 800/880 in terms of Sound Quality?

Thanks.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

haha... okay 9887 sir.

but what if i am just running passive?

honestly, i am not as technically inclined as most people here.

i just want to know will i hear a lot of difference when i make the change?

i just want a unit that can give me the great sound quality.

not one that i have to tweak daily as i don't know how to.

i am impress that many says that the 9887 with imprint gives you a new dimension of sound - you can hear plucking of the string or beating of the drum.. etc.

but.... as said earlier, the blacks rs2 looks so sweet...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.