Alpine 9887 skips on all songs with alot of bass

banned89
10+ year member

usa
this is strange, the amps are not going into protect, and whether it is a burned cd, or a normal one, it still skips cd's with alot of bass in them. It does it on average of about every 5-7 seconds. Anyone know why this could be happening?

Brand new deck by the way

take it back and get a new one...simple!

J.K...

mm well is your system that loud to cause it to skip or what?..not to sound ****ed up or like a dick but i dont think your system is that loud but i could be wrong thoug...

man I have dealt with this with my pioneer. I swear I did everything I could. I put "foam" pieces underneath it and shoved the **** thing is I swear you could not move it.. and it STILL skipped. I just bought a 16 gig flash drive and problem solved.

take it back and get a new one...simple!

J.K...

mm well is your system that loud to cause it to skip or what?..not to sound ****ed up or like a dick but i dont think your system is that loud but i could be wrong thoug...
perhaps you should consider what car it is in also //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

man I have dealt with this with my pioneer. I swear I did everything I could. I put "foam" pieces underneath it and shoved the **** thing is I swear you could not move it.. and it STILL skipped. I just bought a 16 gig flash drive and problem solved.
this might sound of bit stupid or retarted but i heard on every HU that theres a BIG long well not really long but theres a fat bolt on back of the HU by were the wires are that helps the CD to not skip...

i dont know about this but i heard about it....

i guess i will have to take it back if it continues this, because skips alot!!!!

But it only skips on tracks with alot of bass? Come on, that just seems stupid, but its true.

this might sound of bit stupid or retarted but i heard on every HU that theres a BIG long well not really long but theres a fat bolt on back of the HU by were the wires are that helps the CD to not skip...
i dont know about this but i heard about it....
i'll look for that, thanks!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

hmmm sounds like someones playng to high of a bass frequency to me.....
my crossovers are at 80, both of them! At a 12 db slope

and what do you mean it depends on the car it is in?

I have to leave for a while in few minutes, but i will be back on later. Thanks for the help so far

i guess i will have to take it back if it continues this, because skips alot!!!!
But it only skips on tracks with alot of bass? Come on, that just seems stupid, but its true.
you're stupid. What's wrong with it skipping on heavy bass? That means that where it is mounting might be rattling. Doesn't that make sense to you?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.