Alpine 300w Amps

Participant count
  • Participant list
yeah theyre pretty decent amps but any amp can fail without proper use and such*like too much on the gains and bass boost*i realy dont know bout 300rms to each sub, might wanna look around and find alil bigger amp for those r types..myself i have 600rms goin to each on in a pretty small sealed box.

yeah theyre pretty decent amps but any amp can fail without proper use and such*like too much on the gains and bass boost*i realy dont know bout 300rms to each sub, might wanna look around and find alil bigger amp for those r types..myself i have 600rms goin to each on in a pretty small sealed box.
Aren't they rated at 300RMS a piece? So 300 a piece is the met recomendation. You believe they can hold more?

I ran around 700W daily to one of mine (could have been more, not 100% sure, whatever the max a BX1500D puts out at 2 ohms). Not one single problem.

The Alpine MRD-M300/301 amps are excellent little amps, and are slightly underrated. But... you pay for the Alpine name too.

Hrm, lol, everyone online has been saying they can go well above the RMS rating. Almost double sometimes (such as yourself) and an Audiobahn dealer told me If I meet peek I will blow them. Ah, audiobahn dealers...

I ran around 700W daily to one of mine (could have been more, not 100% sure, whatever the max a BX1500D puts out at 2 ohms). Not one single problem.
The Alpine MRD-M300/301 amps are excellent little amps, and are slightly underrated. But... you pay for the Alpine name too.
Very true too, you will pay for any big name unfortunatly..

Must remember though, especially in my case, I would only run that much power if you know what you are doing.
I know my basics, when it comes to advanced things, I don't. Would I run into problems running a 300w RMS amp to each sub? (so two 300w RMS amps to 2 type R subs)

What kind of box should I get?

No you won't. I'd run them ported with that kind of power output, especially when you said you want SPL.
Sounds good, thanks a lot for the input. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.