alpine 137 bt wont connect to pandora but will connect to bluetooth

Participant count
  • Participant list

corto
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
this is my second unit in 24 hours installed same problem 2 dif smart phones later a htc shift and an admiral which worked for ten min then stopped so i kno my phone is capable it will connect then say failed help on what else i can do? i can still listen 2 it under bt mode but not under pandora it says no pandora but blue tooth and its paired but not connected

this is my second unit in 24 hours installed same problem 2 dif smart phones later a htc shift and an admiral which worked for ten min then stopped so i kno my phone is capable it will connect then say failed help on what else i can do? i can still listen 2 it under bt mode but not under pandora it says no pandora but blue tooth and its paired but not connected
Hey there, yeah i also got the Alpine CDE-HD137BT and have been having the exact same problem. It's not the phones, it's the receiver. I have a Blackberry, which is supposed to be supported (mines a 9700). Pandora just hangs, ...serching...serching...serching. If i switch to BT Audio it's playing away but with no control. Been on the phone for endless for the last week with Alpine 'Tech Support' and they were pretty useless. They basically said yeah sorry...and they indicated that updates were focused on iPhones mostly. I tried to update the firmware as a last resort but it's really complicated and can only be done via bluetooth FTP connection in Windows 7...ONLY...not Vista, Mac OSX, or with a USB cable, which seems like a missed oppurtunity since theres a USB port right on the front. Anyway i like the sound of this unit (and the HD radio is great) but its probably going back to the store for another manufacturers receiver with better Pandora support (and adjustable colors, this one is only all Blue). Seems Alpine just needed more R&D/QA. If somone sees huge improvement with FW update for Android/Blackberry please let me know.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.